Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HELLO fall!

I would like to say that fall is officially here! Today a cool, comforting breeze filled our house (through the open windows, of course) and it made me smile. I love fall time, I love the weather, I love the colors outside, the clothes you get to wear, just about everything. So when I ran errands today, I opted to wear my Uggs (love them!) and a cute dress my mom bought me :) Wearing Uggs also officiates the beginning of fall. My sweet grandma decided to send some sweet potatoes up my way via Mom and I wanted to make something with them before I forgot that we had them and they went bad. So of course I made none other than sweet potato casserole! Mmmm so delicious, it just tastes like Thanksgiving. I'm going to have to admit that I have not always been a lover of sweet potato casserole, I judged it at first...turned my nose up and would walk away, UNTIL a few years ago I figured I would give it a try (being in college just makes you want to be so open minded). And hello, I fell in love! Good thing that both of these JKs love sweet potatoes, so there will be many more dishes to come in our future. I also made a blue cheese and bacon dip that my cuzzie Emily made us last December. The first time I tried it I thought of the other JK because it was filled with all the things he loves most...bacon and cheese. Em so lovingly posted the recipe on her blog today and since I had no ideas for dinner at the time I decided to fix that too! Both of those are very fall-festive dishes (or at least I think so). And what better way to begin fall than with fall-like food dishes! (come on people, I'm a food addict here)

Other than fall festivities, today was pretty eventful around the JK house...I was awakened by someone banging on walls around our house. I knew that the plumber was coming but I was confused by the banging. I got dressed and walked around until I found JK and he told me that a pipe had busted and they were going to have to tear part of our living room ceiling off to fix it. (insert my heart sinking here) Now if you have been keeping up with posts you know that my house was officially clean, festive, and enjoyable as of yesterday and now my whole (house) world is upside down again! Every time I could hear them drilling or knocking out a chunk of ceiling my heart sank a little farther into a deep pit in my stomach...our house will never be normal. Enough sappiness, I have to go write some letters and send a package to my niece that can crawl now! Yay, go Anna! Have a great night everyone!!

4 comments:

delores lail said...

Sounds like a yummy Fall dinner! We had Brunswick Stew thanks to the Tabernacle Methodist fund raiser! Your's is tucked away in Cis's freezer!

It was delicious!!

Ginny said...

I just read like 10 posts (I enjoyed every single one!!!) but I can't get that far behind again. Love you!!!!

Heather said...

Anna says thanks for the shout out and she can't wait for her "somethin, somethin." We love fall too and your's sounds very tasty. Hmm, I think we'll have to make some fall favs during our Turkey Day together. :)

katie said...

yayyyy! falll! i know me and you are just alike in this category! yayyy...i only wish i was withs you to celebrate it! lovey dovey!