Monday, September 29, 2008

weekend update

Well as most of you know, I had a ladies' weekend in Pittsburgh with my mom and my aunt Cissy. John went to a friend's wedding in TN and left the house to us, yay! It was a wonderful weekend, like I really needed to tell you that. To make the posts shorter and more easily "readable" I will do a different post to update you on each day of our fun time together. Beginning, this will be the Friday post.

I woke up early frantically cleaning whatever was left over from the night before, helping JK get out the door to begin his TN trip, and cleaning myself and getting ready so Mom and Cis could see the "new me" all done up. This really means, me with a shower and my hair dried and straightened. Once they got here we all hugged and yes, maybe we cried a little...tears of excitement, duh. I helped load all of their stuff inside, which were a lot of gifts for me (yay!). We went through the gifts which were new dresses from Mom, a basket filled with things to make baked goodies (including Paula Deen's Christmas baking edition magazine), stuff to fill my home with from Mom, and books and various goodies from my cousin Emily. It felt like Christmas!

I showed the ladies around our clean house and they loved it! We then went to eat at none other than Chick-fil-a and went for an afternoon of shopping (duh)! After all of our feet were hurting and we were growing weary we came home, refueled with coffee and went to a late dinner at Church Brew Works where they were having Oktoberfest and three generations of German singing men were dressed head to toe in what looked like a yodeling costume, they were drinking beer, walking around the entire restuarant while singing and playing their loud instruments...it was interesting to say the least. We came home and hung out for awhile then went to sleep.

1 comment:

delores lail said...

When you visit Pittsburgh, you have got to eat at the Church Brew Works. It was very unique and quite an experience. Jessi took us to some interesting places. This was one of my favs.