No, he definitely loves me! I came home to this little surprise around Thanksgiving! Love him :)
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
These are wayyyyyy overdue:
(bathroom after 2...john haggled that mirror from $100 to $10, yes I love him!)
Yes, we finished this project in August and I'm just now posting it. John ripped up the nasty tile and replaced it with lovely stone tiles. I painted and refinished the tub (nope, I never thought I would be able to say that I refinished a tub but I sure did it and I may have lost some brain cells in the process). John installed the hardware and voila! We have a gorgeous bathroom! No more Finding Nemo tiles :)
I'm a horrible blogger. Oh well, sorry about that. I will sum up what has happened in the past few weeks with a lovely list:
- The Christmas party we hosted was incredible (if I do say so myself)! Yay! Much thanks to our dear friends, Matt and Anna, who helped :)
- Everything worked out and now I am still employed with SharpVisions but instead of being in HR, I'm a Job Facilitator (yay!). That's still the same job that I described in previous posts, its just with the company I was already with.
- We went to TN and had a very relaxing Christmas. We caught up on sleep and had fun just laying around, it was so great to see John's family and be able to spend Christmas with them!
- We made it back to PA last night (at approximately 8:45) and we promptly brought all of our luggage in, then I began to prepare for my first day in my new job (no, we don't stop...just call us the Energizer Bunnies).
- My first day in my new position was wonderful! This is definitely going to be different from what I was doing, which will be awesome and scary (because I have to learn everything) at the same time.
- My family is coming to PA on Thursday! We'll get to celebrate our Christmas with them and New Years, wahoo! Please pray that they have a safe trip (you know they're from NC and ain't used to driving in that there snow :)
- Seriously, the snow was really coming down yesterday in WV, thank goodness John is good at driving in scary weather because I bout near had a heart attack in the passenger's seat.
- It was also great to see some of our sweet friends while we were in TN, love ya'll!
- Yes, I saw New Moon for the 2nd time in the theaters...what? I had to take Kathy and Heather, hello, they are Twi-nerds too! Plus we almost got in a fight with the loud people behind us (well....kinda....).
- I read a hilarious book my Mom let me borrow, Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster...seriously, ladies if you've ever tried to lose weight (who hasn't?) and can look past a little bit of bad language this is the book for you! I seriously laughed out loud (and promptly felt like an idiot) but still so. stinkin. hilarious! You must pick it up :)
- This is a shout out to all of my family and friends in NC that I didn't get to see over Christmas...I miss ya'll so much and love you dearly!! We will meet again soon :)
Happy early New Year ya'll!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Today I will bustling around my house preparing for my first ever Christmas party! Yay! I've been preparing all week and sweet Anna has already come over twice this week to help (wow, she really is a good friend). Ok, I'll report back later and tell ya'll how it went :)
Sunday, December 6, 2009
5 things I really like about her:
5 things I really like about her:
- She tells people how it is (gotta love that honesty)
- She is a fellow veg head
- She is one of the craftiest, most creative people I know
- She does an awesome slow motion fist pump
- She has a huge heart and she's extremely compassionate
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Hey ya'll guess what? My cousin, EMILY is PREGNANT!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking thrilled for her!!! She just passed her first trimester and has nicknamed the babe, Peachy (which I love, duh). I'm so happy for her and Tommy, they will be wonderful parents! Please look at her presh baby bump pics. Heck, I'll just post one so ya'll can see it right here. Em, as if you didn't already know I CANNOT WAIT to meet Peachy!! Ya'll are in my prayers everyday :) Loves!
Last night Carnegie Mellon's Graduate Student Association (GSA) threw a happy hour/pizza party/ice skating event and of course J and I went. Anna (who's been skating since she was 5) and Matt were there also and of course she has been hounding me this whole week about how I had to ice skate. Well, I honestly thought about not going and staying in my warm home (yes it was in the low 30s last night!). For those who know me well, you know that I don't enjoy doing things that I don't enjoy (hmm go figure). Aka, basically I hate doing anything active/somewhat risky that I'm not prepared for, what, I can be a brat sometimes. Anywho, I was coaxed onto the skate rink (begrudgingly...and I'm pretty sure Anna was a little scared, John knew better and just ignored me) and sweet Anna was arm in arm with me all the way around the rink...my other arm was hanging onto the wall for dear life. She is so patient, she dealt with every squeal and scream for my dear life. I think I ended up making it around the rink about 4-5 times (I lost count). Much thanks to Anna for being a sweet friend and a good teacher, thanks for putting up with me because I know I looked like a hot mess out on the ice. And yes, I would do it again :)
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Christmas-y things that I've done so far:
- Bought Christmas gifts
- Bought decorations
- Bought wrapping paper and cards
- Put up the Christmas tree
- Replaced candles and air fresheners with Christmas smells
- Put a Christmas dog collar on Dixie
- Wearing Christmas pajamas (well technically I do that all year)
- Started listening to Christmas music
- Decorated the house with Christmas decor
- Planned a Christmas party and sent the invitations (evites...nothing fancy
- Remembered how much of a sucker I am for anything that is Christmas related when shopping...I seriously have to restrain myself sometimes
- Put a Christmas background on my blog
Well we had a wonderful Thanksgiving here in PA. My family came to visit and we pretty much spent Thanksgiving day talking, cooking, hanging out, eating and then playing card games, it was awesome! Then of course we went out shopping on Friday (who can resist a great Black Friday shopping trip?!) and Saturday...that was fun and exhausting in itself! Saturday night we went to see Steel City Christmas and then came home to decorate our home for Christmas. Sadly they had to go home on Sunday morning. Thanks so much for coming up fam, we had a wonderful time with ya'll!! Love you so much!