Thursday, June 30, 2011
Back to business...I kept up the running throughout the tour of the South. I did not really maintain my training program because let's be honest folks this belle has not been in the South in the summer in a while and I sure as heck was never running in that heat before. So the goal on "running days" was to actually run, somewhat, kind of. In NC my shins bout near gave out on me and silly me I hadn't eaten beforehand and let's just say things got a little woozy. In SC I waited until 9:00 PM (thinking it would've cooled off somewhat) and 2 minutes in I literally felt like I was suffocating. Then in TN, bless my in-laws' hearts, they set up their treadmill for me. My new shoes had just come in so I was real pumped about running (I know, I can't believe I just typed that either). Then I thought my body was going to collapse. My shins felt like they were going to break...or pop out of my legs...or I swear I heard their voices plotting my demise. So I stopped. And decided to pick it up again once we returned here. Sorry for the long story...the moral is that I maintained it (and the fact that I'm writing about it in a public place and making such a dang big deal about it is evidence of the small amount of confidence I have in myself for sticking to it) and my shins are finally getting a tad better.
Now for the surprisingly motivating music I listened to today while running. I recently updated my ipod (last time that happened I was in college) and added like all of the Glee music on it. While running I shuffled across one of the songs and thought "nope, it's not hardcore gangsta rap or Jock Jams so I'll keep on shuffling" but then I gave it another chance. And of course I loved the song but then I began to picture the episode in which it was featured. And next thing I knew the song was over and I had ran a little farther. So I kept it up for the rest of the run. See I believe I have a mild case of ADHD and that really comes out when I'm running and looking for like a million and a half reasons why I should stop. So listening to a song, picturing the episode in which it was featured and thinking up witty lines for the blog while wiping beads (re: waterfalls) of sweat off my face keeps me entertained for a minute or two. Yep. So here are a few songs you may like as well:
- P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)
- Blame it on the Alcohol
- It's My Life/Confessions mash up
- Empire State of Mind
- Bills, Bills, Bills
- Rose's Turn (love me some Kurt solos)
- Dog Days Are Over (what a great song, so uplifting!)
- Only the Good Die Young (I finished and stretched to this and sent up some thoughts to my cuz Will)
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Now back to business, we are officially back in PA. Now that was a loooong drive. And we picked up a car in TN (we now have two cars, yippee!) so that meant no switching up the driving and taking naps. It also meant sticking in many mixed CDs without labels and blasting them because I'm the only one in the car. I think the funniest product of said unmarked CDs was one that had Who Let The Dogs Out (remix) on it. And that was the only song on it. Where the heck did that one come from?
Next, if you can scroll through this page and not smile or think "oh my" then I will give you $100. Or just a hug because we just came back from vacay and I don't really have a lot of $100 bills laying around, I'm sure you understand :)
Also, remember when I posted about classy jello shots? Well, how about this pretty little thing? I'll take it!
And lastly, there is a precious girl (young lady, if you will) who is a dear friend of my sister's and a sweet friend to our family. And last night she won MISS NORTH CAROLINA!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS HAILEY BEST!! Now tell me that isn't the proudest, sweetest smile you ever saw...
(pic found here)
I promise more updates will come tomorrow in the form of photos, re-telling of stories and some movie/book reviews :)
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)
So do you think I can get John to say this to me like every morning when we wake up? Yeah, I thought so too. :)
Oh, by the way, we have now moved from visiting fam in NC to visiting fam in SC. We had a great time in NC, thanks to my family for making it so fun! Love ya'll! At the moment we're babysitting our presh littlest niece and I couldn't be happier :)
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Then Almitra spoke again and said, “And what of Marriage, master?”
And he answered saying:
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Saturday, June 4, 2011
(Aah yes, this explains why I get wayyy too into books. Thanks, Ernest. Can I call you Ernest? Ok, good.)
Friday, June 3, 2011
2. I took pooch running yesterday. It was a delightfully breezy 70-something day. That part was nice. However, 2 minutes into the run I had to stop because tears were literally brimming in my eyes. I felt like long, large nails were being driven up my shins and into my knees. So...um...it's time for new shoes. I had to give myself a pep talk after the first 2 minutes in order to actually complete my run. Let's just say that on the return home I was cursing any and everything (in my head, of course). Namely my intent to run and my body's lack of ability to be unreasonably awesome. Ugh.
3. I like to bring back phrases. A few close friends and family members are with me on this and I appreciate a good throwback phrase entering a conversation. So look out for these phrases when we chat, they're the ones I'm most recently coining:
- Like a bat outta hell
- What in the Sam Hill?!
4. I. Hate. My. Nose. And no, we're not talking aesthetics here. We're talking about the fact that it cannot whatsoever handle any kind of pollen. Like at all. When I lived in NC I was practically a walking zombie from March-May. Then we moved to PA and I was like "yes! no allergies here, wahoo!". Not so much. Apparently this ol' nose of mine does not agree with the pollen (yes, this is our 3rd spring here) and it wants to show it by sneezing every 5 seconds and draining any ounce of energy I have left. Enter Benadryl comas and glazed over eyes. Ahh spring (summer?) time...
5. Yeah, that's about it.