Friday, October 30, 2009
1. Yes, we are still alive.
2. John is busy, busy, busy with school...we're hoping that it will slow down and he can sleep again (no seriously) sometime around mid-November (prayers for his sanity...and mine...please)
3. I have a job interview on Monday...I would love some prayers for this since I have decided that HR is not my career path of choice, and yes, for all of you worriers out there, my current employer knows that I'm job searching.
4. Volunteering at WCN is amazing! I've already met some incredible women of God and I'm building great friendships with them. More importantly I'm going through the training process (it'll be over in 2 weeks) so that I will be able to counsel women in need, yahoo!
5. We went to a FABULOUS wedding this past weekend in the FABULOUS city of Nashville, TN!! Definitely one of my favorite weddings of all time (more on that later) and one of my fave cities of all time!
6. Still no heat in the house. Luckily it was almost 70 degrees today (thank you Lord) so we don't have frostbite yet.
7. We woke up to 7 mini piles of poop on our living/dining room floor this morning. And by "we" I mean John...Dixie started barking early this morning and I asked him to check it out...well he stepped in a mini pile of poop (yikes!) and found 6 (or even more) little piles. It was a great way to start off a day (insert sarcasm here). Poor little Dixie (and John). We assume that the poop parade was due to her eating some kind of ham bone last night (dog chew toy...not literally a bone from a ham...I think?).
8. I went to see Couples Retreat last night with my best movie bud (Anna Banana) and it was great! I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, soooo hilarious!
9. I am slowly but surely making my way through the Twilight saga, I'm about 130ish pages into Breaking Dawn (the last in the series). Anna Banana and I shamelessly bought our New Moon tickets last night (it premieres November 20, Mom you should be so proud that I'm planning ahead!)
That's it for now folks, more later, I swear :)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Loves and warm wishes :)
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
This stuff is yummmmmy (and super healthy...207 calories and 0.3g of fat per serving)!!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
Cook, covered, at HIGH 3 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Stir together flour and half-and-half; stir into soup. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve in Italian Bread Bowls, and garnish, if desired.
*I cooked one batch of this as directed (for someone at work) and then I cooked one for myself for 8 hours on low then followed the rest...I liked the consistency of the second recipe better.
(photo and recipe courtesy of cookinglight.com)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
(recipe courtesy of cookinglight.com)
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- garlic cheddar biscuits
- homemade (healthy) potato soup x2
- pound cake
- meatball sandwich (for John)
- chocolate chip pumpkin bread x2
- microwave popcorn (my dinner)