Sunday, October 11, 2009

ohhh niagara!

Last weekend Mom, Cis, Abby and Emily came up to visit me! They came up Thursday night, we ate dinner, chatted and went off to bed. When I rose to go to work they got up to go explore Pittsburgh (i.e. went shopping and ate). Then John and I took them to our fave Irish pub (The Claddagh) Friday night for a yummy dinner. We woke up early on Saturday and set out to go to Niagara Falls! None of us had ever been there so it was quite an experience! We arrived at Niagara, took some pics, went to a lovely dinner (some 700 ft. in the air....yes my stomach was a little queasy on the way up to the dining room), took more nighttime pics, went to a bar/restaurant for a drink, Starbucks for another type of drink and then back to the hotel room. What a fun filled day! You can check out pictures from the trip here on my cousin Emmy's blog...yes I am too lazy to copy and paste pics, sorry you knew what you were getting into. We headed back to the burgh on Sunday, however we stopped at a wonderful little winery that serves chocolate wine...you read that correctly, chocolate wine (!) and it is soooo gooood then we stopped at some outlets (around an hour away from my house) that I didn't know existed...now I have a new place to shop wahoo! All in all it was a fab trip, thanks so much ladies for making the hike up to see me, I love ya'll!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

This was like the funnest trip ever! Hey, did you get the snapfish pictures I sent everyone? Let me know if you didn't and I'll resend. Loves!

Heather said...

Sounds like fun. And chocolate wine? HELLO get me some of that!

Cynthia said...

What a blast! I loved spending time with all of you and Niagara Falls was incredible. Thanks for having us and thank John too! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope this trip was in honor of the most recent office episode!

jessi said...

Hello The Great Bambino, who are you?