Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Can I have your number?
Soldier seeing his dog when he gets back from Afghanistan (ok this one makes me cry a little, but they're happy tears)
Older man dancing to Lady Gaga
Dog doing the merengue (yeah, we're working on this with Dixie stat)
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly.
Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla). Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans. Scrape potato mixture into an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; top with marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
PS-We made it safely to SC and I have already held my (almost) 2 week old niece! Ahh!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
on this blog and you can click here for the designer's website. Seriously, my heart started racing and I felt all twitterpated inside (thank you Thumper from Bambi) when I looked at the multiple images. Oh mah gahhhhh!
Oh, and if you're thinking "hmm what would be an awesome, fantastic, out of the ball park gift for Jessi for Christmas?" well, friend, you just found your answer.
Monday, November 22, 2010
PS-Thanks to my sweet sister who reminded me to be thankful for this.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Watch the episode here.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Now onto the real dilemma...I now have some extra time on my hands and I'm interested in becoming crafty. I think I have a knack for decorating and I do enjoy baking (however, I have few people to hand out baked goods to) but I want to figure out some other type of craft. Do any of my sweet readers have suggestions? Crafting does not come naturally to me so its something that I would have to at pretty hard but I'm willing. It'll need to be something with a slooooow learning process. Let me know please...I'm desperate.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
14. Girl time. I think I forgot (for a minute) how sweet girl time can be. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this past weekend with Abby. It's just so much fun to eat, shop, drink and talk with such a sweet friend (and cousin). Love you!
15. My mother-in-law, Kathy. I'm so thankful to have a mother-in-law that I love! I really enjoy the times that we're together or just talking on the phone. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Kathy!!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Also, not to be overlooked today, I'm thankful for our country's veterans! Seriously, they're awesome! Thank you to all of the wonderfully brave and courageous men and women who fight for our country! And many thanks to all of their spouses and families as well! I am forever grateful for what you do daily for us!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
10. Our home. I freaking love our home. At the end of the day its where I want to be. I love being able to spend time with my husband and precious pup, enjoying the lovely colors of the walls and all of the house maintenance we've had to take care of over the last few years. Totally worth all the sweat, Lowes' receipts, arguments and hard work that was put into it.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Now, in honor of my sister I would like to introduce the world to (well not the whole world but to those of you who don't know this exists yet)...Man Uggs (otherwise known as Muggs). Katie had her first real life Muggs sighting today and decided to call me (while I'm grocery shopping) and tell me about this glorious moment in her life. Oh Muggs, you are breaking down boundaries in the shoe industry one pair at a time.
Random male model lovin' his Muggs
One of my fave actors (Jason Segel) sporting Muggs in I Love You, Man (great movie btw)
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Today John, Dixie and I went on a hike in Ohiopyle, PA. It was a lovely (but cold) day and a great day for a hike! We had a great time and Dixie most definitely loved the freedom of running around in the woods. However, once we were done all I wanted was a warm car. Then when we got home I went to my bedroom and put on my flannel pajamas. Thank the Lord for the person who invented flannel! I mean can you honestly think of a better way to warm up from a cold day than flannel pajamas, fuzzy socks and two blankets? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Oh and this yearning of mine, wanting to buy from the locals, totally comes from my dad. He has always preferred shopping at local businesses rather than corporations (booo evil corporations...just kidding). So yeah, that's where I get it from.
Stud, costume party in college (he's Clyde from Bonnie and Clyde)
Superman, Spring Break 2006
Ahh the days of yesteryear...Spring Break 2006
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
2. It has consistently felt like autumn here for more than three days, yippee!
3. Abby is coming to visit very, very soon!
4. My precious niece should be here any day now! (prayers are with you Heather!)
5. We get to visit Baby Paige and the rest of the Kelly clan in just a few weeks!
5. John's birthday is coming up and I have NO IDEA what to buy him, eek! (any ideas would be much appreciated)
1. I'm thankful for crisp, beautiful fall days where the sky is blue, the wind has a slight chill to it, the leaves are golden and red and the sun is shining.