Friday, October 30, 2009

doubleJK update

Here are a few updates from our busy home:

1. Yes, we are still alive.
2. John is busy, busy, busy with school...we're hoping that it will slow down and he can sleep again (no seriously) sometime around mid-November (prayers for his sanity...and mine...please)
3. I have a job interview on Monday...I would love some prayers for this since I have decided that HR is not my career path of choice, and yes, for all of you worriers out there, my current employer knows that I'm job searching.
4. Volunteering at WCN is amazing! I've already met some incredible women of God and I'm building great friendships with them. More importantly I'm going through the training process (it'll be over in 2 weeks) so that I will be able to counsel women in need, yahoo!
5. We went to a FABULOUS wedding this past weekend in the FABULOUS city of Nashville, TN!! Definitely one of my favorite weddings of all time (more on that later) and one of my fave cities of all time!
6. Still no heat in the house. Luckily it was almost 70 degrees today (thank you Lord) so we don't have frostbite yet.
7. We woke up to 7 mini piles of poop on our living/dining room floor this morning. And by "we" I mean John...Dixie started barking early this morning and I asked him to check it out...well he stepped in a mini pile of poop (yikes!) and found 6 (or even more) little piles. It was a great way to start off a day (insert sarcasm here). Poor little Dixie (and John). We assume that the poop parade was due to her eating some kind of ham bone last night (dog chew toy...not literally a bone from a ham...I think?).
8. I went to see Couples Retreat last night with my best movie bud (Anna Banana) and it was great! I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, soooo hilarious!
9. I am slowly but surely making my way through the Twilight saga, I'm about 130ish pages into Breaking Dawn (the last in the series). Anna Banana and I shamelessly bought our New Moon tickets last night (it premieres November 20, Mom you should be so proud that I'm planning ahead!)

That's it for now folks, more later, I swear :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear you two are still alive. Sorry about the poo...that must have been fun. :)

PamCakes said...

So glad you are still alive. What would I do withour your blog updates!

mom said...

You know I am girl, It comes with age!!