Thursday, October 15, 2009

have i told ya'll that i love my sister?

Well I do! Today J and I arrived at home after a loooooong coooold day and there was a sweet little package waiting for us! This is what the next 3 minutes looked like: J was the responsible adult and took the overly excited dog out to pee and I skipped over to our cutlery block, picked a knife that looked good and carefully (stabbed/pricked my finger twice in the process) opened the package. I ripped through it like a 4 year old at Christmas! It was filled with a Christmas ornament for each of us, candy, 2 homemade CDs, weird family paraphanolia and a shirt that my mom bought for Katie (while she was in the burgh) with a receipt (still not sure if I'm supposed to return it or keep it...it didn't fit her). Well let me tell you, after a pretty crappy week this pretty much brightened up my life! Right now I'm listening to one of the CDs that she made me and I'm loving life! Thank you so much Katie, little things like this remind me why we're sisters/best friends/soulmates/perfect pals for each other!!


(pictures circa Thanksgiving 2006)

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ohhh! I'm missing me some Katie too! I'm so glad y'all have each other and what a special treat to come home to! Yay for Katie! And, so sorry about the crappy week. Darrell, aka "Mr. Sunshine", just told me to look for the good in everything, to "ride the wave"! That's when I told him I wish I was at the beach! I want whatever he's taking! JK...he hates taking the rxs they gave him for his heart! Love you!

whitney said...

aww sisters are the best aren't they?!? :) hope y'all are staying warm!

katie said...

YAYYY! Im so glad you loved your sercies!!!! YAY! I love you so much! you are my fav!!!! (and Im not just saying that because christmas is coming up and i need the brownie points!) I love you soo much, and your week can only get better, because it is FRIDAY!!! YAYYYY!!!

ps. CIS! I miss you too...and soon enough you will have some katie back in your life

pss. i wish i was at the beach (with my girls of course) even if it is cold!