Saturday, December 5, 2009

ice skate much?

Last night Carnegie Mellon's Graduate Student Association (GSA) threw a happy hour/pizza party/ice skating event and of course J and I went. Anna (who's been skating since she was 5) and Matt were there also and of course she has been hounding me this whole week about how I had to ice skate. Well, I honestly thought about not going and staying in my warm home (yes it was in the low 30s last night!). For those who know me well, you know that I don't enjoy doing things that I don't enjoy (hmm go figure). Aka, basically I hate doing anything active/somewhat risky that I'm not prepared for, what, I can be a brat sometimes. Anywho, I was coaxed onto the skate rink (begrudgingly...and I'm pretty sure Anna was a little scared, John knew better and just ignored me) and sweet Anna was arm in arm with me all the way around the rink...my other arm was hanging onto the wall for dear life. She is so patient, she dealt with every squeal and scream for my dear life. I think I ended up making it around the rink about 4-5 times (I lost count). Much thanks to Anna for being a sweet friend and a good teacher, thanks for putting up with me because I know I looked like a hot mess out on the ice. And yes, I would do it again :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sanks for being such a good sport:) We'll have to go again some other time; perhaps when there are less hot shot grad students:)

Mom said...

Go Anna! Better you than me! I had the roller skating duty a few years earlier, and much less patience I am sure. Love my Jessi though!!