Friday, September 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINNY!

Today, yes, today is my best friend Ginny's birthday!! Wahoo! Go Ginny! Ok, so maybe I love her a little bit, and by a little I mean a whole heck of a lot! Ginny is an incredible friend, she is so patient (most of the time), so giving and sweet, but best of all (and this is what truly connects us to each other) is that she has a lot of attitude and sass. Ginny, that's a great thing to have. I hope that your birthday is more than wonderful, you deserve it! And your present is coming...how could you ever expect a gift from me to be on time? Here's a pic of me and Ginny on her 21st birthday (2 mere years ago). I love you!



Today is also mine and the other JK's two month anniversary! Wahoo! :) We've made it this far...ain't no stoppin us now! Its really hard to believe it was two months ago that we got married, some days it feels as if it was just yesterday and some it feels like it was years ago. And here is a pic from our wedding, one of my faves:


Copyright SwankPhotoStudio.com



Today I ventured out and attempted the license plate drama again. Except that today it was rainy, making it even harder to read signs and concentrate, however I had ventured these roads once before so that helped a little. After spending a good 1 1/2 hours at AAA filling out stuff and waiting and talking the ears off of my 60-something agent that was helping me, I had a license plate! Next task on the list: go get our car inspected at Midas..."trust the Midas touch"...and I did, I trusted as I waited for another 1 1/2 hours. I felt very accomplished and pretty darn proud of myself, and YES I figured out how to get back with no problems (I only had to turn around twice).

My sweet, beautiful sister Katie got her senior pictures taken today! (sniff sniff) I'm very anxious to look at them because with the combination of her beauty and Stacy's (our wedding photographer) skills, they will turn out looking magnificent! It just makes me sad that my baby sister is actually old enough to have her senior pictures taken...I told my mom that I may cry whenever they're posted online and I look at them (hey, I have a soft side). But to remind us of a younger, more simpler time in Katie's life, I've decided to post a few pics:



Ok, so they're not that much younger, but all of my pics with Katie as a little thang are not on the computer and let's face it, I am not the JK that is technically savvy enough to know how to scan pics (I will learn one day). And maybe I just wanted to post some festive/slightly embarrassing pics of her :) Love you sis!

And my last comment for the night is dedicated to my cousin Emily: everybody's working for the weekend! (please envision the Zoolander scene here)

4 comments:

delores lail said...

Katie and Stacy were a team! The Senior pics are going to be "model-nificiant". Katie looked amazingly beautiful and older beyond her years!! I still wished she had worn those school bus earrings I bought her for her first day of school back 13 years ago.---What was she thinking?

Happy B-day Ginay! We love you.

J-square I just can't believe it has been 2 months. What a beautiful wedding, what a beautiful couple! I love you both. (Jess, that is one of my fav pics too!)

Marshall said...

I REALLLY enjoyed your blog today... and I too am working for the weekend(insert zoolander here)
love marsh

Ginny said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out!! I loved it!! I'm glad to hear that you will always have a ____ year and 2 month anniversary on my bday...that's awesome!!! I can't believe Katie is getting Sr. pics that's freakin crazy and I don't like it, I also don't like the fact that I turned twenty-something. Why is she getting her pics taken now, don't you get sr. pics taken after your sr. year like me?...haha...Thank you Lail family for wishing me a happy bday, I love you all so much!!!

I love you jessi so much you don't even know!!!!

megan denis said...

Loving that wedding pic!