Monday, September 8, 2008

just another manic monday...

This will be a random post, just to warn you all.

I just finished putting yet another coat of paint on our walls (the 5th, to be exact). Well the 5th on part of the room, see the other JK was in charge of bedroom painting last night and he decided to go in sections, so right now one wall has a 5th coat, another a 4th coat, and two others a 3rd coat. I will complete the coats tomorrow (hopefully it will all be done by the end of tomorrow). But don't forget that once we're done with the walls the trim must begin. Oh how I wish I had my Uncle Darrell here with me, he's a really great painter and I'm not.

Secondly, I think its clear by now that this is a single JK blog, the other JK isn't participating in posting, which was the original plan. That means there will be a lot of my thoughts on here, likes, dislikes, and who knows what else. But I will definitely keep everyone informed of anything going on in our life together and anything specific to the other JK.

Third, my cousin Emily is getting married in TWO MONTHS to this day! YAY! I am very excited about this day, it will be a great wedding, I love her and her fiance Tommy very much! And we get to travel back to NC for the wedding, yay! I'm excited to celebrate Emily and Tommy and see the fam, a great time will be had by all! Hoo haa (this last brief statement is dedicated to Katie and Cis)!!



(hope you don't mind me posting the pic Em)

Fourth, while painting you think of a lot of random things. I thought about people, books, songs, movies...really anything and tonight I decided that I would inform all my readers about one of the best authors in the world: Celia Rivenbark! She is one hilarious, sassy, Southern woman. I was introduced to her works by the women in my family, it was a combination...I think my aunt Donna gave my mom one of the books, my aunt Cissy lent Mom one of the books and then Mom passed them down to me. Now it takes a lot for me to laugh while reading a book, and Ms. Rivenbark has had me rolling in laughter through each of her books that I've read. The books that I've read of hers are: "Bless Your Heart, Tramp", "We're Just Like You, Only Prettier", and "Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like a Skank!". Some of you may have already read them because I've pushed them on you (you're welcome) but for those of you who haven't, go buy one or check one out at the library! She is a great writer, whether you've lived in the South your whole life, part of your life, or you're wondering what in the world is so weird/wonderful about those Southern women, she explains it all. I love her hilarious sassiness, she's somewhat of a role model for me :)




To respond to a comment my sweet sister-in-law made on a previous post...Heather, I'm going to attempt to quote different songs, movies, and people. The quote on the previous post was from none other than Tony the Tiger. Thanks for holding me accountable though :)

And lastly, I want to comment on how great old "crooner" music is. That was my music choice of the night while painting and for some reason whenever I hear old love songs by Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin I always think of Thanksgiving and Christmas time, and big cities. So we'll have to see how that pans out this year since we'll be in a big(ish) city at those times of the year. This type of music also reminds me of what a hopeless romantic I can be (wah wah). Well, I'm off for the nightly watching of TV with the hubby.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh course I don't mind if you class up your page with a picture of me on it.

Cis said...

The wedding elf had a manic Monday as well! I remember reading "Bless your heart tramp" at my desk and screaming! Your mom did the same on the beach when I gave it to her! I haven't read her last book yet, so maybe I could borrow it. I really could use a good laugh these days! And by the way, don't even think of posting any pics of me and my fatness! Love you!

megan denis said...

You are my Celia Rivenbark! This blog keeps me rollin' everyday! Miss Ya!