Tuesday, September 16, 2008

tuesday, tuesday, ba da ba da da da

Well we knew today was off to a good start when we were awakened by a jackhammer next door. That was a lot of fun and very loud, of course in my half asleep stupor I thought "how can they be so inconsiderate!? people are sleeping, they should have to wait until a normal hour!". It probably was a normal hour, I didn't check. Not having a job just keeps up the good ol' college routine of staying up late and sleeping late. The other JK always wakes up before me. However he admitted tonight that he actually "pretended" to be getting up and went downstairs and slept in our quiet, dark basement a little longer (that little sneak!). And yes, our basement is finished, its not a creepy thriller movie basement.

We then just did stuff around the house, I dropped my child...I mean husband off at school again and then visited the friendly Midas people one more time to get our inspection approved and completed. To make a story short, they still didn't find the car acceptable (idiots) and the other JK was pretty heated because he went through hell and high water Monday to get it all fixed. I love it when JK gets upset at other people like that, because my nature is to say "ok, whatever" and he gets angry and usually the people on the other end of the deal do something/give us a discount or something free, etc. Anyway I made it back home and remembered that I had forgotten to have my morning coffee, so I had some at 2 in the afternoon. I love buying yummy creamer to put in my coffee and this time around its Cinnamon Bun, yum! Its really delicious and only like 35 calories, which is fine by me!

Now onto a more exciting part of the day, some new friends of ours invited us to dinner tonight and we went to Church Brew Works & Restaurant. This is a really cool place, it used to be a church and has now been turned into a brewery and restaurant. Its so pretty inside and somewhat peaceful. The food was great and we had a wonderful time! If you come and visit, we'll take you there. Some people may be uncomfortable with the thought of a church turned brewery, but I think its a cool spin on things and as long as you're not doing anything crazy or bad, its all good. Anyway, one of our new fave places to go. :)

Well as much as I loved my college days and loved even more how that schedule somehow fit my natural schedule (stay up til 3am and sleep until noon) I need a job. I want a "job schedule"...yes it makes me a little sick that I'll have to do that because getting up really early is not my forte, but I want a job. So anyone who wants to lift up a little prayer, that would be much appreciated. I have some contacts but it just seems as if everyone else is on slo-mo time and its taking forever (thanks Mom for passing down the impatience, I really appreciate it). And any prayers about what church the Lord wants us to be at. Because we really need friends and community. We're just picky about churches, we want the right fit (even though I'm really desperate and I'm willing to go almost anywhere).

The last thought of the post (and something to tie in the daily quote). I love that new (maybe a little old now) Hershey's commercial where the chocolate melts and its two people in a car driving on melted chocolate (?). Anyway what I like most other than the obvious (chocolate) is that it plays one of my fave songs..."I'll stop the world and melt with you"...its such a cute song, it just makes me smile :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Jessi..I love reading your blog. I must admit I was skeptical at first (you know me) but I really love and find it so interesting to know what you do each day! I will be praying for you as you look for a job and a great church! LOVES!

katie said...

can i get a hoooo haaaa! two times tuesday

Cis said...

Can we go to the church for dinner? It sounds like a great place!