Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Shack

This blog will occasionaly be posting book reviews, this is the first. I just (literally 5 minutes ago) finished a book that I recently picked up, The Shack. I've heard a lot of great things about it so I decided that I would have to see for myself, and I'll have to say that it is incredible! This book is really great and I would highly recommend it to anyone, whether you belive in God or not, young or old, whatever your lifestyle...its great. It gives you a fresh, new, comforting breath of life. I thought that I was doing just fine but when I picked up this book I realized how confused I was on different issues and thoughts...and The Shack really cleared up some things for me. It is a fictional book and some may think it is controversial, but I think you should read it with an open mind. So some of you may be getting this book pushed on you or receiving it as a gift from me...so you may actually just want to go and buy it yourself. Because when I find a great book I think it is my duty to society to push it on them and tell them how wonderful and eye opening it is.

And to end, here is a quote from the book:
"Marriage is not an institution. It's a relationship." Jesus paused, his voice steady and patient. "Like I said, I don't create institutions; that's an occupation for those who want to play God. So no, I'm not too big on religion," Jesus said a little sarcastically, "and not very fond of politics or economics either." Jesus' visage darkened noticeably. "And why should I be? They are the man-created trinity of terrors that ravages the earth and deceives those I care about. What mental turmoil and anxiety does any human face that is not related to one of those three?"
-Wm. Paul Young

4 comments:

delores lail said...

So I get to borrow the book when I visit? I am soo looking forward to seeing you soon!

jessi said...

you are actually the first person i was going to let borrow it. its here waiting for you along with me :)

Cis said...

I was going to ask to borrow it myself, but luckily my bookworm (Emily) couldn't wait to read it and bought it yesterday. She'll have it read by today and then I can have it. I'm so excited I finally could sign in again to leave comments. You might want to check old posts for things I wanted to say!!!

Heart of Wisdom said...

Enjoyed your review of "The Shack" Thank you for taking the time to share.

I was not in total agreement with The Shack (I am not in total agreement with several of my favorite authors).Any book that includes conversations with God is bound to receive criticism. How can anyone put words in God’s mouth? But this is one moving book! I smiled, cried, pondered, prayed, and repented as I read ( I have been hurt a lot in churches so I was profoundly impacted.). I read it twice and now listening to the audio. Amazing! Be sure to check out "The Shack Blog and Forum.

I wrote a lengthy review on blog. Please visit.
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/my-review-of-1-ny-times-best-seller-the-shack/
Blessings,
Robin @ HeartofWisdom