Friday, September 5, 2008

Nobody puts baby in a corner!

Ok so picture this, me in scrubby paint clothes, on my tippey toes, on a stepladder reaching into the crevices of our walls with a paintbrush all while trying to dance to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Yep, that was me yesterday and today and I'll have to say that the DD soundtrack made painting (and re-painting) the walls not so bad. I discovered this new found sassiness (as if I needed more) while I listened to it and attempted to dance in our hallway and bedroom. It was quite a sight I'm sure, hopefully we don't have any peeping toms or if we do we all know that they had a great time yesterday. DD is such a great movie, I have a lot of fond memories from watching it with my mom and sister (by the way, the quote in the title IS the quote of the day and it is dedicated to my sister, Katie). All in all, if you haven't seen the movie (and I don't know why in the world you wouldn't have seen it) you need to watch it and then buy the soundtrack because I think next to the Grease soundtrack it is the best one out there, I promise. Much love to Baby and Patrick Swayze.

Another thing to add onto this wonderful day of mine, we bought a new mattress set on Monday and it was delivered today! Yay! And it feels like you are laying on clouds in heaven :) So of course, for those of you who know me well (and know about my hobby of napping) I had to christen the bed with a nap. And don't worry ladies and gentlemen, it feels as great as it did when we tried it out in the store (no, we didn't nap in the store). A special thanks to my husband for being patient and understanding my need of a nap (especially on our brand new bed) while he was cleaning/doing something productive. Man, do I love him! Well have a great weekend, I'm going to leave you with pictures of some of my favorite scenes from Dirty Dancing!



2 comments:

Cis said...

Ok, signing up to leave a comment on here was a pain in my butt! Anyhoo, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall! I bet it looks great and can't wait to see it! Yay! DD is an all time great must-see movie. I miss our movie nights at the beach. Seems things will never be the same. Love you the most! Cis

Allison said...

hahaha you absolutely do not need another level to your sassiness but I am happy to see that a new life hasn't changed you Jessi! I hope the long hair hasn't grown back in the next 6 months so I can see it in person. Love you