Monday, September 22, 2008

likes and dislikes

Here are a list of my likes and dislikes for the day:

1. Like: The new book I've started (yes, I'm a bookworm)...it's called Little Altars Everywhere by Rebecca Wells, it is the same author who wrote The Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood. It's really great and I'm enjoying it a lot.

2. Dislike: Elderly women who think just because they are old they rule the grocery store and have some divine right so that they can push past sweet people like me on their way to the meat section...grrr.

3. Like: The Office season premiere is this Thursday! Wahoo!

4. Dislike: Automobile shops...I hate the dirty stale waiting rooms, the creepy auto workers, the nasty food that is available in the waiting room when you're stuck there from 12-3 so you're forced to have to eat "lunch" there, and the thought that they could be scamming me and making me pay extra on some engine transmitter thing. I'm done with them, tomorrow is the last time I'll have to visit one for awhile...I hope.

5. Like: I have decided to break out the overalls up North. I have officially worn them 2 out of the past 3 days. This is one of the things that commemorates the beginning of fall for me. Eat your heart out Northerners!

6. Dislike: Under the Tuscan Sun, I watched this movie last night and I'll have to say it was a waste of time. Sorry if you like, I just didn't...there were times that I, as a woman, was slightly embarrassed to be watching such a cheesy chick flick. To say the least, I don't recommend it.

By the way, I am SO excited that my mom and my aunt Cissy are coming to the burgh on Friday! Wahoo, I'm so excited!

5 comments:

Cis said...

I'm so excited too! Can't wait to see you! My overall days are long gone but it sounds really good...hmmm, where are mine anyway?!

Heather said...

Boo to you...I happen to like Under the Tuscan Sun. But I guess you can redeem yourself with the overalls. Man I haven't worn those in forever! They are so freeing though.

delores lail said...

In less than 70 hours we should be there.....Yay!!! Good thing Cis can't find her overalls, Can't imagine a shopping trip with both of you in overalls....Bibbing in the burgh!

Emily said...

like: jessi lail kelly!

ed said...

I love under the Tuscan sun .. it makes me want to go to Tuscany every time!