Monday, September 29, 2008

saturday and sunday

I said I would post day by day, but that might get a tad redundant. So here's Saturday and Sunday...

Saturday we had (you're welcome Mom) woke up, hung around the house for awhile and then carted ourselves over to the original Primanti Brothers restaurant. Primanti Brothers is this great place in Pitt...it's a huge deal here...therefore I decided to take two of my fave food lovers to go with me and try it. Their signature thing is to load fries and slaw onto the sandwich, which we decided that if you have TMJ, it will not be an easy meal for you. But it was wonderful and we loved it! If you come visit us, I will gladly take you there :) While we were leaving Cis decided to buy a few pieces of baklava from an old lady on the street, needless to say it was the best me, Mom and Cis had ever had!

After that we went to South Side Works, which is a great shopping area, and we spent most of our time in H&M!! I love that store, it is so wonderful...great fashion and great prices! After we had logged in some hours at SSW, we headed home and Mom pointed out a flaw of mine (they are hard to come by, since I have so few). She says that I put the word "had" in a sentence when it isn't necessary. For example, "Mom had told me to make some cookies" when you can just say "Mom told me to make some cookies." They accused me of speaking like LaSarah (a comedic act we enjoy) which I gladly accepted and had kept on saying had...ha! That night we made wonderful appetizers and enjoyed wine and good conversation, wahoo...my kinda night!

Sunday we woke up and made a great breakfast, hit up a few stores...went to a wonderful dinner at Bravo! and came back to set up some things around the house before the other JK arrived. As I said, they brought things to fill the house and make it feel more "homey" and they also bought us some fall decorations, so sweet...thank you very much! I actually enjoy sitting around our house now...now that it is straightened and clean, looks normal and is festive with fall decor. Love ya'll!

Our festive fireplace, compliments of Mom and Cis :)

3 comments:

katie said...

aww jess it looks so cute and cozy...i love it!

delores lail said...

It was hard to leave! What a great time. The living room looks so festive! (Smells festive too!)
Yay!

delores lail said...

Did I mention how wondeful this sandwich is? If you go to Pitts, the JKs must take you there. My fav was Black Angus Beef. Wonderful!!!