Saturday, January 31, 2009

pot roast extraordinaire

So whenever meat is buy one get one free I always stock up because it is quite expensive compared to the other items that go into making a meal. (I know this is killing you Em, sorry) So a month or so ago I bought some pot roast meat...I made one roast with coffee (which I think I told you all about) and now it has come time to cook the other pot roast (aka I don't want to go to the store and buy more chicken--therefore use the frozen reserves). So I looked and I looked in all my trusty cookbooks and websites and did not find a recipe suitable for the ingredients I had in my house. (I usually go to the grocery store 2-4 times a week on average and no I do not want to venture out of my warm home to treck in the snow for 5 minutes for one ingredient that I don't have.) This leads to the creation of Snowy, Lazy Day Pot Roast. I took what I had and threw it together in a crock pot, completely guessed the time (5.5 hours) and prayed that it would come out somewhat decent. And guess what...it did! I am so very proud of myself! See, I am a cook that usually abides by the recipe, occasionally adding one more spice...I rarely create something all by my self, let alone my very first pot roast! So I added some of this and a dash of that and voila! A wonderful pot roast, yes, I'm patting myself on the back, please join with me as I revel in this moment!

2 comments:

katie said...

i'll pat you on the back in april. YAY!

Emily said...

You're not killing me. You're killing yourself! I won't lecture cause I loves ya and I'm proud of your pot roast. It reminds me of the time I found a pot roast at the grocery store that had been mis-priced at thirteen cents! Jackpot!