Tuesday, January 20, 2009

cold day surprises!

I came home to three wonderful surprises today! The first was a happy husband who felt accomplished because he had been building shelves (and a not so good surprise...a very messy basement complete with sawdust in the carpet, oh well whatever). After I greeted hubby he so casually says "oh you got a package today"...like this happens everyday or something! Hello, a package is like a little gift from heaven to me! So I found the package in our living room near the front door with a card on top. I opened the card first (which was my second surprise) and it was from one of my best friends, Morgan! It was a hilarious card with a sweet little message from her inside, thanks Morgan, it definitely made me laugh! The third surprise was a box from my cuzzie Emily! Inside I found a sweet little note accompanied with packing popcorn. Each time I dug beneath the popcorn I pulled out yet another gift. The first was a candy cane that is at least a foot long (wahoo!), then I pulled out a few issues of Glamour, Country Living, and The Nest (I love magazines!) and then Martha Stewart cooking magazines! After that were lots of great books that I've been dying to read! Every time she posts a book review on her blog I immediately want to read the book. I cannot wait to dive into all of them! Thank you so much Em, that meant so much to me!!! All of the surprises MADE MY DAY! So thank you to all of you, loves ya!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You know how I do.