Thursday, January 8, 2009

simple pleasures

You caught me, I'm trying to make up for my lack of posts over my Christmas vacay. Right now I would like to list a few of my new found simple pleasures:

1. Hot apple cider: so delish! I love it! I've only tried it in the last year and I really enjoy it. I had a cup at my aunt Cissy's house on Christmas day and told her how wonderful it was so she gave me a little bag of mulling spices to make some of my own (sanks Cissy!). Tonight was the night, I poured a bottle of apple juice in my crock pot and mixed in the spices. Some of you may say that this is a festive drink, therefore it is out of date. I may say I've been drinking only water for the last 8 days and I need some flavor in my life and its 21 degrees outside and my Southern body was not created for this icy coldness so I need something to warm me up.

2. This blog: I've just figured out that this blog is my outlet of humor. It seems that no one up here really "gets" my humor (yes, I know this is breaking many of my close friends and family's hearts...as well as my own). I am surprised when I make a joke at work and the person simply looks at me and smiles or looks away and pretends they didn't hear when the joke would atleast warrant a rolling laughter! Therefore all of my creative, comedic energy is thrown into this blog, so I hope you all are enjoying it and atleast laughing to yourselves (please tell me you're laughing to yourselves...I'm desperate).

3. Spending time with my hub. He hasn't gone back to classes yet so this past week we've been able to hang out/I follow him around the house watching whatever random project it is that he's doing. But it is nice to be married to a person who is less stressed (for the time being). I'm soaking up every bit of this "pre-semester niceness" that is encompassing my husband right now. :)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Selcome! I think of cider as a winter -time drink, not just for Christmas. You need some pumpkin spice Moravian cookies to go with it for a real treat! Thanks to your mom, I'm hooked on those things! Love you!