Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New post for a new year!

Hello everyone we're baaaaack! Yes, yes we've made it back all in one piece after a long, wonderful vacay (the other JK would love the I'm abbreviating, that's his fave thing that I do...please take note of the sarcasm)! Anyway, we had an awesome Christmas! Thank you everyone for the gifts and for taking time out of your schedules to visit with us! For those of you that we couldn't see, we'll see you next time :) Seriously, it was a great Christmas...I will highlight a few of the gifts that we got, since it would be ridiculous to list them all. Hubby gave me a very, very soft bathrobe and blanket. I gave him a telescope (what else do you get a techie who has everything?)...which he loved! We received a handcrafted swing for our front porch from my parents (wahoo!)...which will be making its way up here this spring, who knew that a porch swing wouldn't fit in a coupe? Amongst all of that there were many clothes (thank you Lord!), shoes, tools, DVDs, and other various items that we loved and were thankful for! So to everyone thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We loved it! It was so relaxing and fun :)

We also visited Washington DC before we went to NC for Christmas. We were able to see my friends Grace and Liz and John's friend JT. It was great to see them in the actual city that they live in! We had a really fun time visiting the monuments, memorials, and museums. We even saw the national Christmas tree (pictures will be posted soon)!

After Christmas we still lounged around NC for awhile being lazy and we were able to ring in the New Year with my parents, my sisty and her boyfriend Andre. We had a great night of dinner and dancing! We then swung by SC to see John's brother Patrick and his wife, Heather and our sweet niece, Anna. Thanks for letting us come guys! We had a great time being lazy with ya'll and just visiting. Its bittersweet to be back. Good to be back in the swing of things even though I will quickly get tired of it and bad to leave a lot of the people we love. Anywho...that's our holiday update!

4 comments:

Allison said...

It's about time dang it..I have actually had to do work when I come into the office for the past couple weeks..I hate you for that but I am glad to see you're back!

katie said...

i see you did not mention your baileys in a boot as one of the gifts you got...but i will forgive but probably not forget. loves!

katie said...

i see you didn't mention your baileys in a boot as one of the gifts you recieved...but whatevs i still lovey!

I miss you and I'm so happy we got to spend christmas together!!

Cynthia said...

It was so good to see you and John, I just wish we had more time together! When will I see you again? (did you pick up on the song lyrics?) Love you!