Thursday, January 15, 2009

a gal's best friend

Ok, I have 2 little stories leading up to a bigger story, so follow me...

Story 1: During our move to the burgh I somehow lost my ipod charger, therefore leaving me without an ipod since August. Well it is kind of my nature that when things don't work to keep on living without them, so this didn't really phase me until I wanted to start getting serious about working out and then I missed my pod. Well I guess complaining CAN get you somewhere and it got me 3 different chargers! One that plugs into the wall, the computer and the car (thanks hubby!). So now I am reunited with my pod, thank goodness!

Story 2: I can be dramatic. I was just raised this way and I am completely comfortable with it.

The story that started this post: Like I said, my pod and I were reunited (and it feels so good) so then I went walking on my treadmill. This may sound dramatic but I felt so excited and connected to the music on my pod, songs that I haven't heard in months! They just made me so happy!! I was so energetic that I walked for almost an hour and didn't even realize it! I was also occasionally dancing while walking or adding a little sass to the walk (imagine that) depending on what song was playing. Man I love that ipod, it really is a gal's (who's trying to be fit and trying even harder to be excited about trying to be fit) best friend! Love it!

3 comments:

Allison said...

You know what is the best treadmill walking ipod song-Since you been gone Kelly Clarkson. Now I know it is old school but it is amazing to work out to! It might even cause one, say, I don't know, to get off the treadmill and jump around the room for a while. This is purely hypothetically speaking though ; )

KMK said...

You have got to add that Tom Petty CD to your IPod...it is the BEST treadmill music ever!!

Cynthia said...

I'm proud of you...Lucy and I just keep eating and get very little exercise. We are 2 fat girls who need to be on the program!