Saturday, March 5, 2011

idle hands are...

the devil's playground? No that can't be right. My idle hands magically turn into baking extraordinaires or fabulous book holders. Here's a look into this week:

day off + a (literal) ton of oatmeal = oatmeal cherry white chocolate cookies


(photo cred to: joy the baker)

And yes, I know you're saying "white chocolate? white chocolate from a gal that loooves dark chocolate?" Yes, I was hoping that white chocolate would dissuade me from eating them and encourage hubs to eat all of them. Not so much. On the dissuading me part. Because I lost count (on the day I made them) of how many I ate. These things are dang good.

a day off + the same (literal ton of) oatmeal = oatmeal chocolate chip cookie muffins (again)


(photo cred to: how sweet it is)

These make tasty little breakfast treats. And let's be honest, I need a tasty treat to start off each and every one of my days (yes, that's how much I loathe getting out of bed).

This week I also finished A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers

Now let's talk about a good book. Well, first let's talk about how this great book ended up in my hands. My friend Teresa and I were discussing how awesome the Mark of the Lion series is and lo and behold a week or so later I arrive home one day and this book is waiting in my mailbox for me. Teresa, you are so sweet and a wonderful friend, thank you. And oh my goodness this book. This book! In this book there are 5 novellas (I'm thankful they were all merged into one big fat book) about the 5 women listed in the lineage of Christ. Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. Of course the stories are based on the little bit that is said about them in the Bible but Rivers expands on that and elaborates on their stories as she perceives them. Man, they are incredible. These were some truly incredible women of God and it honestly makes me want to be a better woman. This book pushes me to want to be more trusting in my faith, more generous and compassionate and more courageous. Each of these women did their own courageous acts due to their strong faith in God and His plan. I highly recommend the book, it is just wonderful. Also, I'm always a sucker for historical books, I love getting a glimpse into what lives were like back then.

1 comment:

Mom said...

So excited to read the book right in behind you! Your review is so inspirational! Can't wait! And T is a sweet sweet friend to send it to you..."Love her!"