Thursday, March 17, 2011

happy st. patrick's day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I hope you all wore green today so you didn't get pinched. (btw, where did that tradition come from? I'm sure I could just google it, whatever it's stupid and kinda painful)

Here is what I've done so far to celebrate the Saint that is Patrick:

1. Attempted to tell E (the boy I nanny) the story of St. Patrick while we made St. Patrick's Day cards (aka he put Christmas stickers on a yellow piece of paper). He wasn't too impressed with the story/was too consumed with the Christmas stickers (I can't blame him) but maybe a wee bit of wisdom was passed on to him :)
2. Made bangers and mash as well as some cooked cabbage for dinner last night
3. Wore green today (duh)
4. Encouraged husband as I assured him that a green plaid shirt does look OK with khakis (these boys...)
5. May or may not be going out to celebrate with friends tonight. Seeing as John has been overwhelmed with work this week and apparently holds a grudge against the bar/restaurant our friends are planning on going to, we may just be eating leftover bangers and mash.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Patrick says we are exempt from the day because of both his first and last name. Nonetheless, the entire family is wearing green. That was the extent of our celebration.