Sunday, March 27, 2011

water for elephants

I just finished reading Water for Elephants. I began reading it a year or so ago and became bored with the storyline. Since the movie is coming out soon I decided to pick it up again. And I liked it, it was good. Not my favorite book but it was a good book. Sara Gruen paid close attention to detail and it's very evident that she did a lot of research for this book. That alone was really cool. I liked taking a trip back in time (1930s) and reading about an old timey circus. Definitely a unique setting. The plot is a lot like The Notebook (which I was earlier told) but in a circus. I think I got my hopes up because so many people liked it. I also would couple this with my looove of The Notebook, because that was one of my first leisurely reads way back when. So I think I had high expectations for this book. It was good, don't get me wrong. I would suggest it for an easy, entertaining read. Also, I can't wait for the movie to come out because Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson are starring in it, holla!

3 comments:

Amanda Griffin said...

I loved this book and can't wait to see Robert tan and less vampy! :)

Amanda Griffin said...

This is Amanda Griffin by the way! Love you blog Jessi!

Emily said...

i'm reading it right now... about halfway through. i don't hate it but i don't love it yet. i am so excited for the movie, though!!