Sunday, March 13, 2011

help

I need somebody. Help.

Okay, John and I are thinking about going on a little getaway in the May time frame. However, we're not quite sure where we want to go. I will let you know some of the criteria and ya'll can give suggestions.
  1. We would like to fly since we have flight vouchers
  2. Remain in the continental US, preferably east of the Mississippi due to flight costs being lower
  3. Somewhere that has adventure (for John)
  4. Somewhere that has options other than adventure (for me)
  5. We're thinking somewhere beachy but we're open to other ideas
  6. One of us is thinking camping wouldn't be a bad idea while the other is thinking "over my dead body" so I guess a happy medium will be attempted...if that's even possible
  7. Trying to keep it within a budget
  8. John has requested that we not visit "any big cities unless they have a beach or something"
Please help. I'm begging you. Give suggestions of places that you've loved or that you did NOT love. Let me know. Even if you've never commented on here, I'm begging for your help. Thanks.

7 comments:

Heather said...

What about some place in Maine? They've got cute beaches, not too big city and I think you could find some outdoor stuff to do. Just a thought.

Anna said...

I vote for Seattle. Here's the city's website on the "what to do in Seattle" section: http://www.seattle.gov/HTML/VISITOR/points.htm

My family and I went to Seattle in 2000 and went hiking/walking in Mount Rainer National Park; it was beautiful!

Francesca said...

few questions for you, how much time are we talking about and what airline can you use?

Anonymous said...

Charleston, Savannah, St. Augustine, Bar Harbor

Jen E. said...

oooh one of my fave topics..travel! What about Charleston, St. Simon's Island, Hilton Head, SC,.... or if you want to go North/New England..Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard? All great places!

Kathy said...

I vote for Maine. I have friends who have been there and loved it...wonderful scenery, cute shops, GREAT food...plus some hiking etc. for John. Cape Cod is also nice...I grew up near there and remember Plymouth Rock, "Plymouth" town, etc.

Anonymous said...

Universal orlando! Harry potter world. or High Point! This is teresa duh!