Friday, March 18, 2011

a few things

1. I dyed my hair this week. The blonde wasn't looking too authentic so I dyed it a shade (or two) darker. I like it and it looks natural. I'll post pics sometime :)

2. Last night it was confirmed that I'm shameless when it comes to anything that is discounted or can be bought in bulk. I went to Costco with a friend and I think I said "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, look at this...I sooo want/need that...John would kill me if I bought all of that...I need a Costco membership...John wouldn't allow me to come by myself because I would buy so much stuff...it really is wise to buy in bulk...I loooove buying in bulk" about mmm 73 times. We were there for 30 minutes. I am a hot mess whenever I come in close contact with bulk and/or discount items. There you go, the first step is admitting, right? Yeah, except I don't think I'm going to change any of that because it really is wise to buy in bulk (hee hee). On the to do list today: convince John that we need a Costco membership, stat!

3. Changing my blog to springy settings worked! Well, I doubt that had anything to do with it but it is getting springy around here! Wahoo! Dixie and I celebrated by going on a nice long walk yesterday. Unfortunately it was at the time that school was let out and multiple children wanted to pet her. Now, when Dixie is on a walk, she's on a walk. She doesn't have time to stop for silly reasons such as children petting her. She's got places to go and people to see. And she was particularly unnerved by a small Asian boy who was shouting "down, down!" and "sit, sit!" as well as "shake, shake!" at her. She looked up at me like "who the heck is this person, why is he yelling at me and why are we not walking towards our house right now?!". After a few minutes of me wrangling her to be still so he could pet her mixed with his shouting we decided that it was best to continue our walk.

4. I am blazing through Beach Music and loving every page, I definitely recommend this book!

5. Another confirmation this week: I have the attention span of a 3 year old. Since John has been busy, I've been assigned the role of researching vacation spots. I find it very difficult to read about a spot longer than say mmmm 1.5 minutes. Ugh. I wish I was a more diligent researcher! Oh well, we may just end up in some roach motel because of my lack of research. Maybe John should take over :)

2 comments:

Jen E. said...

you are too funny!! So I was thinking I might need a Costco membership too, even though I prob wont be here a year and I don't know if it is worth it?? Hm maybe we should go halvsies (sp?) and alternate ha

p.s love the new color, looks great on you! (but so did the previous)

[SMASH] said...

I would have no self control in Costco either; thank goodness I don't have a membership!