Monday, March 7, 2011

the perks of being a wallflower

I really enjoyed this book. It's not your cutesy, feel good kind of book. It's a collection of letters from a boy experiencing his freshman year of high school. And I'm sure that you can gather from the title that he was not the most popular kid at school. There were times when I laughed to myself and moments when I was in tears because it seemed a little too real for me. If you've gone through high school then you can definitely identify with at least one of the characters. The main character, Charlie, is so insightful and I just love his flow of consciousness. Wow, that sounded very English-majorish. I feel like I've honored my past English professors by saying that. Ha. But seriously, great book. Very realistic. Also it was set in Pittsburgh so I knew some of the places that they were talking about. Highly recommend.

And the quote for today is from the book. This is one of my favorite lines in the book. It really stuck with me.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

1 comment:

katie said...

looove this book! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!