Tuesday, December 14, 2010

tired thoughts

I'm tired and I'm still up, don't ask why because I can't give a legit answer. I swear I act just like a toddler sometimes, I know that I'm sleepy but I fight going to sleep. Yet I love sleep, what is going on? Anyway, on to some thoughts in my tired state of mind:

1. It's freaking cold. I don't pay too much attention to the weather until I'm putting on my clothes and walking out the door but from what I hear (i.e. facebook statuses and comments from friends/family) it's pretty dang cold everywhere, even in the South! Right now it's 13 degrees here and the weather website says "feels like 1 degree". For real? Yeah, for real.

2. I love the snow. Let me just type in that same breath that I know I will eat those words in T-minus 2 months. But right now I love it. It's so beautiful and it looks like a winter wonderland outside, ahh that adds a nice touch to the Christmas season. Even when your tires skid on the snow going down a hill and through an intersection while you have a red light at 7:40 in the morning, I still love the snow. Thank the Lord that no one was hurt and yes, I was the driver of the car. I did beep while flying through the intersection, to be fair. You never feel quite as helpless when you can't stop your car from disobeying a major traffic violation and potentially putting yourself in danger.

3. The smell of freshly baked pound cake is heavenly. And I mean heavenly.

4. Brinner is awesome. Breakfast + dinner= brinner. I had a craving earlier today for some brinner and thank goodness it was fulfilled tonight :)

5. Hot chocolate=wonderful. Last night I had it piled high with mini-marshmallows. Tonight it had whipped cream with little mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top (inspired by Caribou Coffee). Mmmm!

6. Nothing brightens your day like getting a Christmas card in the mail from someone you love :)

That is all. Must go to bed. Now.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Re: hot chocolate -- Kahlua has a special edition Peppermint Mocha version out that is killer in hot chocolate...probably great in coffee too!