Thursday, December 30, 2010

the end of a decade, for real?

If you know me then you know that I loooooathe New Years. I don't like the parties, the champagne, the dang ball, the countdown, the anything! Plus people act like idiots on New Year's Eve so I'm scared to go out my back door. All of this hatred is due to the fact that I am a Christmas Crazy and when it is New Years then it means that Christmas is over (aka the world is a dark place). However, this year I'm not nearly as sad as I usually am post-Christmas but I'm also not even the teensiest, weensiest bit excited about January 1. Really, another year has gone by? And we are closing out a decade at that?! Ahh! All of that to say, its going to be hard for me to find a New Years quote to post for "quote of the day" (and yes, I'm well aware that I missed a few days due to Christmas festivities). Well, here goes:

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
Oprah Winfrey


my kind of new years. yes please, and thank you.

1 comment:

Pallas said...

Well, I thought this January 1st was a pretty good one! Thanks again for bringing over all the delicious food. I'm so glad we were able to spend the new year together!