Monday, December 20, 2010

christmas came a week early

John and I decided to exchange gifts a few days early this year before we hit the dusty trail to NC. And this is what I got:





That's right folks, I got a Singer sewing machine! Which is exactly what I asked for. The intent is to have it so that I will be able to fix and create things. I'll be able to hem my pants, dresses, fix curtains and (God willing) create gifts! I would love to be able to make cute little pillows or bags, maybe even some (simple) clothing items! We'll see what happens. Nonetheless, I'm very excited about the new adventure I'm about to dive into. If you have any sewing books, patterns, blogs, crafts, etc. to recommend just let me know, I appreciate any helpful tips!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

wooohoooo let the crafting begin!!!

Cynthia said...

Well Merry Christmas to you!!!!!!!! I used to know how to sew and your mama and I were pretty crafty. Not sure either of our brains will be much help, but I'm willing to give it a whirl! Can't wait to see you and John!!!

Heather said...

Awesome! I have my grandmother's machine (really old...both the machine and gma) but don't know how to use it. Make me something so I'm inspired to learn!