Thursday, December 2, 2010

just a few things...

I thought I would give ya'll some insight on my life as of late:

1. The Christmas tree is officially up and lookin real fresh (thanks again to my Cissy who supplied the tree a few years ago!). I have also threatened Dixie's life no less than 5 times due to her having no qualms with running into/around/under the tree to get that dang ball. She and I had a come to Jesus meeting the other night, I informed her that I admittingly let her get away with a lot of things, but NOT my Christmas decor, it is a force to be reckoned with!! Now she just tries to chew her ball on the tree skirt...ugh...

2. Today after work and picking up my child...I mean, husband...I came home and took me a nice little nap before meeting a friend for dinner. I woke up from the nap (5:45 p.m., yes I'm a bum, I know it) and began to look around my room for something decent to wear to dinner. As I'm rifling through clothes in my bathrobe there is a knock on my bedroom window. Our bedroom is on the second floor. I promptly drew the blinds and looked out the window to see my 26 year old husband waiting for me to open the window. Opened it and in he came. The most alarming part of this entire story is that I wasn't even scared when there was a knock on my second story window, at night, while I was in my bathrobe. I have become accustomed to this kind of behavior. In the minutes following the incident I decided to take a look at my life and I have to say it is a little skewed, don't ya think? Lord, what is going to happen when we have kids? Oh and by the way, he was just putting up our Christmas lights (bless his heart).

3. I have FINALLY found a Mexican place here that is similar to the ones where I dined my entire life. Praise the Lord, for reals! Gran Agave is right down the street, good food, good margaritas, good prices, and now they will be seeing me on a weekly basis...I'm joking, except not really.

4. As if you couldn't have guessed, I love shopping around this time of year! Can someone please put a hold on my checking account? It seems that my money just flies to the cash registers. Thank you, I will hate you now and appreciate the gesture later.

5. Last night we celebrated Dixie's 2nd birthday. Kind of. So as many of you know little Dixie Cup is a shelter dog and we're not sure of her real birthday. We know it was December 2008. And after much debate (not joking there) we decided that we'll start to celebrate on December 1. That way we'll remember it (sorry girl). So last night she got a can of dog food instead of her normal dry kibble crap. This girl tried to eat it right out of John's hand! Then she proceeded to hop around on her two back legs while he carried the bowl to her kennel (where she eats dinner). In no less than 10 seconds the entire can of dog food had been inhaled by Fatness. She then licked the entire bowl about 15 times and then licked her kennel. I think its safe to say that canned dog food was a success.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So, Lucy and Dixie would either love each other or hate each other. Our "Fatness" loves food too and besides me, it IS her life! Secondly, Will and John could have gotten into some serious trouble. Will was a huge Clark Griswold and would have been on the ladder, roof,trees or wherever John was. Hmmm....

D said...

I can't wait to hear all of the stories and emergency room visits of my grandchildren. Remind my sweet SIL, you reap what you sow. Yes Jess, I will hold your hand and tell you they will grow out of it......(when they are 30?)