Monday, February 28, 2011

some stuff

1. I'm thinking of growing my hair out again. Whadda ya say people? These pictures made me miss it.





2. While reminiscing I came across this pic...

That's my baby sister. She shouldn't look so grown up. And this picture was taken almost 3 years ago. Isn't she gorgeous? Also, is it bad that she looks older than me in this picture (taken when she was 17) than I do above (taken when I was 22)? Yup it's been like that all our lives.

3. Last night there was an awful thunderstorm. Dixie was going nuts, she hates thunderstorms and therefore she was running little circles around the living room and panting. Fast forward a bit, we're asleep and it's 5 A.M., I get up to go to the bathroom, then John gets up to go to the bathroom, once we nestle in bed we hear a huge crash! In the amount of time that it takes John to get out of bed Dixie is already up in our room. She had pulled down the spring loaded baby gate and ran up the stairs in an amount of seconds. Drama queen much? She proceeded to run little circles around our room and pant very dramatically. She eventually laid down and went to sleep. What a great way to start the day.

4. The 2 1/2 year old I nanny for took my phone from me today and told me that it was "old" then gave me a pretend "new" phone. I asked for my old phone back and he said "no it's old, you need to use your new phone". Now I'm feeling pressure to get a smart phone from a 2 1/2 year old? :) Then we proceeded to dance to the ABC's in Spanish for a solid 15 minutes. Love my job.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh Jessi, all I can say is "me too"! I had my hair cut in a stacked Bob if you will, and everyone is like "It's so cute" and "I love it!". All I want to do is pull it back in a ponytail and be done with it! AND, all my life, everyone thought your mom was older than me. I guess Katie's more like her huh? I definitely look older now though...Waaah!

Heather said...

I totally dig the short hair. It makes you look so modern and grown up. Your choice though!

ABby said...

I just thought about growing my hair back out the other day...maybe its bc I wanna be gwyneth paltrow, but whatever :) I say grow it back out for a while! You can always cut it back...