Thursday, February 17, 2011

praying peace


I enjoyed reading this book, it was suggested by my Aunt Donna :) I liked the different point of views that it offered. The title is very fitting because the entire book is focused on learning how to pray peace. Not pray for peace but pray peace. Note: in the book they stated that if you have to "pray for" something then you are assuming it doesn't exist, therefore if you are "praying something" you realize it exists (even though it may be hidden) and you want it to shine through. Pretty insightful. The people speaking in this book have decided that there are seven pathways to peace and I really dig them. Focusing on the seven pathways helps to make all of the craziness in the world seem a little more simple. Here we go:

1. You are always praying; thought itself is prayer.
2. Whatever you focus your mind on, increases.
3. To change the world, change your thoughts about the world.
4. If you want to experience peace - become peace.
5. Peace is always present, though it is sometimes hidden.
6. Love is the only force in the universe.
7. The world is already healed.

Now you can say what you want but I think that no matter who/what you believe in, just about everyone can get behind these principles. Again, it seems to minimize the craziness in the world around us and it helped me feel like I had a little more grasp on things...if only in the way that I pray. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I like this! :)

Francesca said...

Happy that you read it, enjoyed it, and most of all got it! one more person now praying peace. does my heart good!