Friday, February 11, 2011

i am so over

SALADS. I try to get in my daily amount of veggies (5 servings) every day and its starting to become a bore. Oh, also, I haven't hit 5 servings per day in like 2 weeks. An easy way of getting some of these servings is a salad at least every day or every other day. Well I am quite sick of them. I do every healthy possible thing to try and spruce it up. We're talking: feta, dried cherries, dried cranberries, different tasty low cal dressings. Today I even put bacon (what?! a few weeks ago I didn't even like bacon) and ranch on my salad just so I could choke down some greens. Oh and I haven't had ranch on a salad since I was like 13 or when I was "treating" myself. So I'm begging you...do you all know any good, healthy salad recipes?? It doesn't have to be your typical iceberg/romaine lettuce salad...just anything with veggies. Thanks in advance friends :)


my feelings about salads personified

Update: why does ranch have to be so freaking bad for you!? ughhhh

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Don't forget "Flamin' Ramen"! You could probably even throw in some shredded carrots or chopped broccoli to get in some more veggies. As for the Ranch, get the dry pkg. and make it "light" using low-fat mayo, sour cream, or milk. So much better than bottled low-fat Ranch. And remember, moderation baby, moderation!

Allison said...

I know its not wonderful but on days that I feel like I am not getting my veggies in I drink a can of V8. I kind of like it and it counts as one serving of veggies. Even if you don't like it, the can is tiny and serves as at least one easy (and low calorie) way of getting your veggies in! Good luck lailster!