Thursday, February 10, 2011

lately...

I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately. Maybe its the 16 degree weather or the gale force winds or the fact that I've been a grandma and going to bed at 10:00 p.m. Who knows. But I apologize for the lack of posting this week, so here are a few thoughts:

1. Today is my baby sister's 20th birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!! I love that girl so much and she will be forever 3 years old in my head. I know I'm weird, but she's still a baby! I hope your day is wonderful even if you have to be in class until 9:00 pm!



2. I'm reading Little Women (for the first time) and it's awesome!

3. I appreciate my readers' comments on the Kindle, I'm leaning towards buying one! Thanks for the insight :)

4. Soba noodles=disgusting. I follow quite a few food blogs and all these people have been talking about soba noodles, so like a month ago I bought an "all in one soba noodle dinner" in a box at Trader Joe's. I made it last week and both John and I took one bite and threw it away. Nastay. If you like them, please let me know how you make them edible because I think they taste like c-r-a-p (oh yeah, I'm getting quite good at spelling out "bad" words, being around a 2 year old and all).

5. I'm officially a master at Just Dance 2. Except that "being a master" pretty much means I jam out and dance all by myself (wah wah) in my basement and have the time of my life. I also imagine that I'm performing for thousands of people. It makes the workout go by quicker. And yes, it's a workout.

6. Last week I finished True Blood season 2 in the matter of 2.5 days. I'm obsessed.

That's pretty much it except that Dixie has been extra crazy due to lack o' exercise because the sidewalks have large patches of ice on them. I'm just not willing to risk my life for a walk. Oh and btw, when is Spring getting here? I'm itching for it's arrival!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm I go to bed at 8:30PM. Does that make me dead? :) I love that you dance on your Wii. If we had one, I'd be so into that. I'm sending you a warm hug!!

Unknown said...

Oppps that was from heather instead. Darn that whole sign in thing.

Emily said...

I love Little Women! And I go to bed around ten and have for years...haha!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday to Katie! And by the way...38 days till Spring! YIPPEE!!!

katie said...

1. Sanks for the birthday shout out! loveys!

2. of course you're awesome at just dance, hopefully you've mastered rasputin, so we can duel

3.being obsessed with true blood is nothing to be ashamed about

Mom said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Katie!!!....no teens left at the Lail House.