Saturday, February 13, 2010

snowpoc day 8

Some of you will notice the 5 day gap in snowpoc updates, well that's because I was grumpy and slightly delirious. I love my house, now don't get me wrong we didn't fix it up for a year only to not love what we did...but after a WEEK of being pinned up in this place I'm about ready to climb the freakin walls! Thanks goodness John was able to finagle the car out of its spot (by the way I've had it up to HERE with the fool that is responsible for clearing our alley) a few times so that I could actually go visit clients and work (oh yeah that's right they don't give us days off of work when it snows...booooo). Once I was out I wanted to stay out! But then I didn't want to stay out too long because what if it snowed too much and I couldn't get back up our God forsaken alley (insert fist shake here at anonymous snowplow guy). So here I was trapped in my own home. John doesn't really care if he's trapped because he sits in his office with his normal overloaded amount of work and doesn't move. Well not me, I'm used to driving around and being a free little bird. I've gone through many emotions with the snow in the past week...sheer joy and happiness, enjoying all of its splendor to hate to not wanting to hate it because my childhood was so snow deprived to loving it to loathing it. Well, now we're (me and the snow) in a healthy place...the roads are clear of snow, slush, crap, etc. and I am at peace with the beauty of the snow. Is it too much to ask to have snow on the ground and clear roads? Ok, good I didn't think so either.

PS-Please note that the snowpoc started last Friday (one of the most blessed days of the year, my birthday...modest, I know) and anonymous, fictitious snowplow guy "cleared" (yes, I use that term loosely) our alley on THURSDAY!! Jerk. Ugh. Fist shake and scowl.

PPS-Yes, its still snowing as I type.

No comments: