Saturday, February 27, 2010

attention deficit disorder

Attention deficit disorder: n.
  1. a condition, usually in children, marked by inattentiveness, dreaminess, and passivity.
  2. a disorder characterized by a difficulty in retaining focus, especially on tasks, for long periods of time.
Yes, I have officially diagnosed myself with ADD. It seems that I cannot singularly focus on anything. While cooking I must be talking to someone. While working out I must be listening to music. While watching the Olympics I must be blogging or stalking people on facebook. While driving I must be listening to a book on CD. While cleaning I must be talking to someone. While doing paperwork on my computer I must have music or TV in the background and/or a game of FreeCell going for when I get bored with my work.

Ahh.

This is not good people, why must I multitask? I have always declared myself the queen of multitasking (while walking is not involved seeing as I have a lack of balance...and yes, my Wii agrees with me) but you know its bad when you read 4 pages into a book by an author you love that is absolutely hilarious and decide that you're bored and must do something else. Ahh. Help me find a cure and no, Ritalin is not the answer.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Katie has claimed for years that I have adult ADD. At least you didn't decide to clean a closet, pull everything out, look at the mess, and walk away. Yes, I did that today. I'm taking the "Scarlet Approach"... "Tomorrow is another day!". You say Ritalin is not an option. Would you consider Concerta, Straterra, Focalin, Intunive, or Adderall? Yeah, me neither!

katie said...

just so you know cynthia, I still think you do! loves you!