Friday, February 19, 2010

it's the little things really

During the last 2 days I'm reminded that it's the little things that make me happy...

  1. Yesterday I was doing "cold calls" for a client...basically I go from business to business seeing if they have hiring needs and such. Well I was on the phone with my mom getting advice on sales because that's basically what I'm doing, selling the idea to these employers that they need my client (and truthfully they do because my clients are freakin awesome). Anywho...I'm pulling into a parking spot at Wal-Mart (ugh, I know)...while on the phone mind you...and I scream OH MY GOSH MOM!!!! One might think that I hit someone or there was a bear in the parking lot...no, I saw a Krispy Kreme!! Yes, that's right I screamed because I saw a freakin Krispy Kreme!! Now to explain my madness...I have yet to see a Krispy Kreme anywhere near where we live up here and let's be honest Dunkin Donuts just ain't cutting it people. To be really honest, I have not even stepped into Dunkin Donuts (even though it is .3 miles away from my house) because I personally know that it does not even compare to my precious KKD. As soon as I was done in stinkin Wal-Mart I quickly went to KKD. I was hoping that a jolly employee would greet me so that I could tell them how happy I was to come upon their franchise. Well as sited in prior posts, no such luck, I was greeted by an emo kid and I was slightly dissapointed. Well, let's be honest, when I get that excited even an emo kid can't stop me. So after I ordered my assortment of doughnuts I gushed to the emo kid that I looooved KKD and how I haven't been able to find one since I've moved to stinkin Yankee country and how seeing KKD completely made my day. By the end of my gush fest she was smiling (haha I succeeded!). And I went back to my car to eat a yummmmy doughnut. Mmmm KKD, I loves you.
  2. Tonight when I was grocery shopping I found some avocados that were rather squishy. Now ya'll might be thinking ughhh that sounds nasty. Nope, they are usually as hard as rocks in the grocery store (because they haven't fully ripened), they are bitter and not ready for delicious guacamole. I quickly picked up 3 avocados and went on my merry way. I came home and made my yummmmy guacamole (which I've been craving for quite awhile now)! It made me so happy that I just kept eating it on chips and eventually on my quesadilla. Its just one of those dishes where as you eat it you just have to stop and absorb all of the flavor. Oh so tasty. I'm totally a foodie.

6 comments:

mom said...

So much for the sales advice. Nothing like a little sugar to top off a day of "cold calling"

Heather said...

We had our career fair this week and managed to get KK to donate 15 boxes of donuts. They donated them because we assaulted their truck in their parking lot! So hilarious. Yeah, and I just made some guac too...yumm-o!

Cynthia said...

It must be genetic! We all know Em's obsession with Krispy Kreme and Abby is our family's queen of quacamole! I'm so happy for you...now I'm sure your life in the "Burgh" is complete!

Emily said...

You know how I feel about this. Your life is complete. XO

katie said...

hahah you are crazy...i love it! also thank you for the emo kid link, i read up on their background...very interesting :)

Abby said...

Doug H Nuts!!! yay!...and I'm eating guacamole as I read this. :)