Saturday, February 13, 2010

rant

I know, I know, ya'll are like "we don't read your blog to read about how pissy you are" well sorry people, if we're going to be friends it comes with the package. I don't know if its the cold, the lack of sunshine or being a cabin fever freak but people have really been getting on my nerves lately. Here's a list:
  1. So John's department's winter formal is coming up and of course I have to see if Macy's has any cute dresses (on sale, duh). Me and my lovely sidekick (use the term lovingly), Anna, ventured out to Macy's (pre-snowpoc) to peruse the selection. Low and behold we found a cute dress that fits (gasp!) and is on sale for $15 (double gasp!). Wahoo! I snatched it up and we ran to the register. Well Ms. Customer Service of the Year was helping us apparently and as she rang up my bargain dress she did NOT speak to us. What?! Hey boo, I'm buying a dress from you (albeit only $15 of a dress, but a dress nonetheless)...can you at least acknowledge the hand that is attached to the credit card that is politely in front of you? Apparently not, she didn't say anything! I am astonished and pissed. So of course I'm not saying anything to her...I didn't feel like being that person that day, but then when we walked away I made a snarky remark to Anna about Ms. CSY's (see above for acronym explanation) sparkling personality, that showed her. Ha.
  2. I was driving home the other day (mid-snowpoc) and was literally 30-45 seconds away from my parking spot. Well of course my car got stuck and would not budge more than 10 feet. I was determined to get that dang car up that dang hill all by myself! Well 10 minutes later I called hubs and asked if he would walk over before I had a panic attack and just left the car. Well, well, well a nice little Jeep pulls up behind me. Clearly we are mid-snopoc so people should have tons of patience and sympathy for the poor little coupe that is stuck. Not so much. This jerk was like up my tail forever even though he could tell the car wasn't budging. Then he had the audacity to honk at me! What!? Are you kidding me fool, do you think I am voluntarily just sitting here having the time of my life?! Grrrrr. So being the patient person that I am I ignored him, I didn't feel like unleashing the beast on him. Then the fool rolls down his window and asked if I wanted him to push me (I assumed with his Jeep and I didn't want scatches on the car) so I said "no my husband is coming to help me". Well 10 minutes later John finally shows up (turns out he had to clear out the stupid parking spot so we could actually park somewhere because it had filled up with snow) and the Jeep fool rolls down his window and asked if I could back up so he could pass me. I shot him the nastiest look (hopefully he felt my eyes burning through his face), didn't say anything and threw it in reverse. Idiot pulled around me and spun some tires (ha!). Then John saved the day and got the car into its rightful spot.
  3. I was shopping at Giant Eagle (our local grocery store) the other night because we were out of food. Now ya'll know that going grocery shopping in the snow is not fun (see a few posts ago) so I wasn't in a pleasant mood...not in a bad mood...just there (insert glazed over cabin fever face here). Well I roll up to the first available check out line and look who it is...a grumpy old woman working the cash register! She doesn't smile, she doesn't acknowledge me...she just mechanically rings up the groceries. Well, you know thanks a lot lovely lady, I would love to pay you for groceries and not even get a smile in return. This lady did not speak to me either! She was barking at the young idiot teenagers who work there. At the end of the wonderful (roll of eyes here) exchange I said "thank you" and then I hear her bark "thank you, thank you". I look at her but she's not looking at me (surprise) and I walk away rolling my eyes thinking that she was either awkwardly talking to me or she has Tourette's. Either way it does not excuse that kind of behavior.
Now maybe its because I was raised in the South or maybe its because I actually have social skills but when you are a customer service person aren't you supposed to be nice to the customer? Ok, I thought so. I am fed up with nasty people. Now, I'm not asking for them to give me a massage or kiss my feet, I just want a smile, a nice "hello, how are you?" and maybe a little conversation. I mean for Pete's sake, is that going to kill you? You know what...I think next time I will let them know that! Ha! I will, I will tell them, "hey shug, I know today is probably crappy for you or maybe your momma didn't teach you how to be social but I've been in your shoes...I've worked at a grocery store and a restaurant...it wouldn't kill you to smile, you may actually look a little nicer if you did and I swear it won't kill you to say hey to someone. Ok thanks have a fantastic day!". Mmm hmm.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Damn Yankees! Bless their hearts.(sorry to any of Jessi's Pa. friends!)