Tuesday, March 31, 2009

foodie copy cat

Because I am a sucker for surveys and for anything involving food I copy catted a post from my cousin Emily (sanks Emmy!) who found it on allrecipes.com blog. Here goes!

1. How do you like your eggs? Scrambled please, and I only eat them when I've scrambled them myself or if my dad has scrambled them--yes, there is an art to scrambled eggs.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee--organic french vanilla creamer (just enough to make it look a light brownish color). Tea--one pack of Stevia raw (a natural sweetener)

3. Favorite breakfast food: Week days: two scrambled eggs every morning. Weekend days: chocolate chip or banana pancakes!

4. Peanut butter: Smooth or crunchy? Crunchy mmm mmm (hubs turned me on to crunchy)--although I haven't eaten it in awhile because its got so much crap in it and even the organic version has a ton of fat in it.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? If I'm acting like I care what I'm eating, balsamic vinaigrette. If I don't care, ranch please.

6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew (a pepsi product)

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Pasta with random things thrown in or homemade p-i-z-z-a.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Pepperoni or Hawaiian.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Something from my Cooking Light magazine or something adventurous that I've been wanting to try. Tonight was herb stuffed chicken, steamed asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes!

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Chocolate cake with chocolate icing reminds me of all of my birthdays spent with families and friends, bruschetta reminds me of times spent with Mom, Cissy and Katie; Mexican rice casserole makes me think of Dad and Ginny...and the last one is gingerbread cookies make me think of Katie.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Slim Jims (I ate these so much when I was young and chubby...hmm coincidence? I think not). Other people's scrambled eggs and grits--too many bad experiences with those two things being runny and yucky--I only trust my own.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone?

  • Chips and salsa: Mom
  • Any type of pizza: husband
  • Edamame: Pam (first person to make me try it)
  • Flamen Ramen: Mom and Cissy
  • Popcorn: Dad
  • Pound cake batter: Teresa and Eva
  • Green Beans: Callie
  • Chick-fil-A meal: Emily Nance
  • Grocery store birthday cakes: Katie
  • KKD doughnuts: my cuzzie Emily

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Liver ewww and anything with the word "malt" in the title--gag me!

14. What was your favorite food as a child? Slim Jims (see above...and see pictures from my past) and potato chips (I rarely eat plain potato chips because of my chubby childhood).

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Umm all vegetables and more "grown up" dishes.

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? Umm my fave foods as a kid(see above), and I will say no thank you to all processed, meal- in-a-can dinners...also a no to fish sticks and almost all fast food.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Pineapple and avocado (at the moment...it changes quite often)

18. Favorite junk food: Anything containing sugar, please :) And doritos

19. Favorite between meal snack: Reduced fat cheez its baby!!! Also, I try to eat fruit and occasionally some trail mix.

20. Do you have any weird food habits? I don't like leftovers...I'll eat something left over from a meal once, maybe twice if its some great dish but that rarely happens.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Fruits and veggies, basically good for you kind of stuff--duh.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? As stated above, ANYTHING containing SUGAR and basically anything that's bad for you, mmmmm.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? As little spice as possible, I'm a baby.

24. Can I get you a drink? Yes, a glass of merlot please and thank you.

25. Red or White Wine? Red, red, red, red!! And as dry as possible please!

26. Favorite dessert? Anything with chocolate. I rarely eat dessert that doesn't contain chocolate--its a waste to me.

27. The perfect nightcap? Hot tea or cold water.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Chocolate and red wine. That's a complete list for any good diet! Love em both!!!

(And of course salsa and chips, my fave snack!)

Cynthia said...

Where do I start? First, I'm glad to know you will love the card I'm sending with your mom (missed birthday!)! Next, how can you not mention SONIC? Girl, that's all y'all did when Abby came y'all made me go to the drive-in with me, you, Katie, Abby, Will, and Emily in a compact car and yes, we had to eat IN the car! The things I have done for you kids! Anywhoo, you know I'm right there with you...I think we have food on the brain! Love you!