Sunday, March 15, 2009

quick and yummy dinner

For those of you who appreciate a quick, delicious and good for ya meal, here you go:

I took 2 6in. whole wheat pita pockets, pesto, feta cheese and mozzarella cheese. I simply took the pita pockets and spread some pesto on there (not too, too much because it isn't really low in fat--but I do believe the fat that's in it is good fat--it is made with EVOO after all), spread a healthy layer of mozzarella cheese (2% and hormone free, please) and sprinkled feta (fat free if you can find it, if not then reduced fat) on top. I then stuck them in my toaster oven for 7-8 minutes (on 350, duh). I pulled them out and paired them with a glass of red wine and voila! A delicious, quick, good for you, authentic (haha) Italian meal! Yummy! Of course if pesto isn't your thing then you can use marinara, vodka sauce, etc. Also, please add other toppings, those just happened to be the ones that I had on hand that I wanted to experiment with. Enjoy!

No comments: