Sunday, March 29, 2009

another book down

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been reading Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand. I really, really liked this book! It was nothing short of 400 pages long and I found myself blowing through it with great ease. It's definitely a good book if you're going to the beach for a week or if you just want something to pick up at night. The story is about three women (2 sisters and 1 friend) who go to Nantucket for the summer. Each of them has their own story and their own drama that they're dealing with. You follow them through the summer, and as the summer progresses you get more hooked and find yourself wanting to know..."What happens next to Brenda?", "What was Vicki's response to that?", etc. It's nothing mindblowing, but it is a light read and if you're a woman reading it, I think you will be somewhat empowered and find some strength from it. The book was given to me as a gift from one of my friends at work and I was hesitant to read it because I had never heard of the author and the book was quite large, it seemed like a daunting to task to take it on. It was a wonderful book and I found myself longing for another book about these three women and their lives as well as a warm summer day on the beach! I give it 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments: