Monday, March 30, 2009

hi, i have a social life now

So, I'm quite proud to announce that most of my week is booked!! I think that's the first time that I can officially say that since we moved up here in August. Well booked with actual people, not with painting the house or some other home improvement activity. Here is what I have planned (and yes, I'm posting it so that I'll actually follow through with things since I'll have to report back to you all about my experience):

  • Tomorrow night: Our realtor and her husband are coming over for dinner! She saw the house when it looked awful (aka before it was officially ours--and no it wasn't in bad shape, I just hated ALL of the colors) and now she's going to see it the way that I imagined it would be! Wahoo for progress! Oh and by the way I'm making yummy Herb Stuffed Chicken with steamed asparagus and homemade hollandaise sauce (will report back later on the outcome!)
  • Wednesday night: Chick Lit Book Club. So yes, I'll admit...I'm desperate to make friends, so of course I took two things I love, hanging out with people and books, and put them together! I found the Pittsburgh Chick Lit club which reads books with strong women characters in them (hello! can I find anything more that I love?!). I was hesitant because I did find it online but they're meeting at a Panera and there were plenty of pics of them on their book club website, all non-threatening looking women that range from my age to their 40s. So I hope it goes well! (Don't worry...you'll also hear a report on that)
  • Thursday night: Pilates class! Oh by the way, I went two weeks ago and it kicked my tail into next week! I LOVED it! I LOVEEEEE Pilates!!!!! I'm pretty sure that its my fave way to exercise! But yes, it was lots of fun but I was sore until the following Monday (can we say out of shape much?). And I'm brave enough to go again this week, wahoo, bring it on sore muscles!

1 comment:

Heather said...

oooo sounds like fun. Can I be in the book club too? You can keep the pilates, but I'd love to be at Panera with you. Can't wait to hear all about your fun week!