Thursday, March 5, 2009

been a long time, shouldn't left you...

For those of you who don't know the title of the post is a dedication to the singer Aaliyah (may she rest in peace). But, yeah, its been a long time since I last posted. Sorry about that. In the time that has passed between posts I have:
  • Cooked an entire delicious homemade Southern meal: healthy meat loaf, mashed potatoes from scratch, black eye peas and good ol' sweet tea (it was sooooo good!)
  • Highlighted my hair--I've decided that brunette is not really my thing
  • Really been wanting a puppy, but we're waiting (I say this begrudgingly)
  • Toyed with the idea of wanting bangs(see pic for the bangs that I adore)
  • Gone on a walk outside and not died from frost bite (that's right, it was almost 60 here today!)
  • Still not had any sweets (that's what I gave up for Lent--some of you may say that sweet tea is a sweet, I beg to differ)
  • Almost completed reading Confessions of a Shopaholic (review will come later)
  • Decided that I like Killian's beer--its very good people, you must try (if you enjoy beer, that is)
  • Seen the end result of The Bachelor and I'm not pleased...yes, this is a guilty pleasure of mine, watching The Bachelor...I love it! And you better believe that I'll be watching The Bachelorette (airing May 18th...not that I'm obsessed or anything)

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Glad you got highlights...not that you looked bad as a brunette, but you know I love a "true" blonde! I do not consider tea a "sweet"...it's a beverage. I'm interested in the beer since I gave up wine for lent! I'm thinking of getting some Trader Joes version of Corona's Saturday when Em, Abby, and I go to Chapel Hill. I just want to also say how proud I am of you and how much I miss and love you! Aren't you glad to know it can't be wine talking?!HaHa!

Anonymous said...

i like the bangs idea..and hey if it doesn't work out it doesnt matter becasue i wont be there to make fun of you ;) haha jk i lovessssss you! (and that is the wine talkin'...jks)

Heather said...

Ohh I think the bangs would be cute. Go for it. And DEFINITELY hold off on the puppy thing. They're cute, but you two need to enjoy your newly married status. Those pet things hold you down. You can't whisk out of town for a fun weekend. You have poop patrol, etc. Trust me on this one....and I love dogs.

delores lail said...

Agree with Heather on the Puppy. Sweet and loveable but lots of work and tie down you spur of the moment trips.

Love love the bangs...Legally Blonde bangs look fashionable and whispy!