Monday, March 9, 2009

phipps conservatory

There are many great attractions around Pittsburgh, however since John's been so busy we haven't been able to venture out and see them all. Saturday we decided to go to Phipps Conservatory which is a beautiful, beautiful place! John gets in free because he's a CMU student and because I have a student ID...I mean "I'm a student", I got in for $9. That's a pretty sweet price for a half day excursion for two. Anyway, we walked through lots of huge rooms filled with plants, trees, and gorgeous flowers...my favorite was the orchid room...seriously, filled with gorgeous, incredible orchids! Can you tell that I like plants and flowers? I can't keep them alive to save my life, but I love to look! Now I know where I will be spending my Saturdays next winter, it was such a joyful place. Ok, so I loved it! Any visitors that would like to go just let me know, I would love to go again! Here's a picture of the outside of the building and a beautiful orchid!

No comments: