Sunday, October 5, 2008

slow weekend

Not much has gone on at the JK household this weekend. We're pretty much a boring married couple, I never thought this day would come. Well, in the words of my dear friend Em Nance, to be fair...John did have homework all weekend long. And on top of that our cable has been disconnected since Saturday(because of repairs on ceiling) :( so sad. We're still having work done on the hole that was in our ceiling. They should be out at 7 am...that's right I said 7 AM tomorrow morning to finish it up! Annnd tomorrow is my first day at my new job (Lord, please let me work with interesting people)! These people clearly already love me because I don't have to go in until 10:30 tomorrow (wahoo!) and promptly 9 am every day after that...but alas I will be woken up a little earlier because of our happy helpers/smokey smelling carpenters.

I have been reading Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger (the lady who wrote The Devil Wears Prada). Its a pretty good book, its no TDWP though...I can actually see some similarities between the 2 books though. But I will admit that I love reading anything about someone in NYC, talking about designer clothes, cool places to eat...and let's just face it, NYC! It's fun to fantasize...

On a very HAPPY note my good friends Morgan and Emily will be in the burgh in a mere few days!! They are arriving Wednesday night and are staying until Sunday, wahoo! The shops of Pittsburgh better watch out, we will be attacking them soon! Emily also has a great love for shopping and all things that are retail...we just drag Morg along with us. On that note I must go try on approximately 43 outfits before I decide what to wear tomorrow...not too young...not too old...not drab...but not too trendy (please keep in mind that I already spent about 45 minutes last night trying on things).

3 comments:

Allison said...

that's the funniest thing..we just drag Morgs along with us. It's funny cuz it's sad..and true. Tell Morgan I want her to try on some strappy sandles for me. PS I know it goes without saying but I am so jealous of your weekend all together. Think of me, and if you ever got that cardboard cut out of me made I want you to carry that around with you as well! haha loves.

Cis said...

I hope you had a great first day at work and I just wanted to say I love you very much!

Emily said...

hahhahahaa it is so true! and we make her buy stuff we want her to wear(hence the new purse)!

can't wait to see you(and john,, i guess...hahaa)