Thursday, October 23, 2008

an ode to cheez-its

You will never be able to convince me that there is a better salty snack than reduced fat cheez-its and a diet mt. dew. I literally cannot conceive of a snack that beats this one. I LOVE cheez-its, love them. I think it's because I grew up with a stash constantly in our pantry (thanks to my dad's obsession). I've tried to limit it to a treat though and not a staple in our house (haha, we'll see how long that lasts). Because the first time I bought a box when we moved in our new house I nearly devoured it in about 3 days...and no, I'm pretty sure John did not eat any of them. Anyway...the reason behind this post is that I bought some tonight at the grocery store so I would have something to eat with my sandwich tomorrow at work. I threw a couple into my mouth as I was packing my lunch tonight and just closed my eyes and enjoyed every little bit of deliciousness that they are made of. I'm so excited that I get to eat some tomorrow at work, it will make work so much better. Call me dramatic, or food obsessed...well, I admit to both of them and that does not take away from how incredibly delicious my cheez-its are. Mmmmm.

3 comments:

delores lail said...

Funny that you wrote about Cheez-its. I have not bought them in so long. Katie and I bought a box last weekend at the GC. Your dad was thrilled.

katie said...

yeah we did get them...and on thursday night i got home from work...mmmm i had mes some! and i actually talked about how much me and you love them!

Ginny said...

As I was reading your post I actually pictured you doing a little dance in the kitchen, eating Cheez-its, and saying mmmmmmmmm...i love it!