Tuesday, October 28, 2008

don't do me like that

Ok I know there are a lot of posts tonight, but I have time to post and I have things to say, so I should run with it, right? Right. So tonight I had to make a Target run. Mind you, it is 40 degrees outside and some type of hail/sleet/rain is falling from the sky. But I HAD to go. Considering the cold I decided to bundle up so I was walking out the door wearing leggings, navy sweatpants on top of that (because let's be honest, fitted jeans just don't fit over leggings...unless you want a wedgie all night), a tie-dyed shirt, a blue sweater-type shirt over it, socks, my Uggs (duh), a red scarf, lavender gloves and a black pea coat. Ok, I'll be the first to admit it, I looked like a hot mess. But I've gotten to the point of no shame, it was 8:40, cold, and I live in a city where I know a total of 4 people. So you know I did not care if anyone saw me. Well, I pride myself on fashion and looking my best but this was not my proudest moment and I was well aware of it and even more aware when I walked downstairs. As I walked over to kiss the other JK goodbye he scowled at me (specifically at what I was wearing...which I did not appreciate). I somewhat ignored the scowl and proceeded to walk closer to the door, as I walked I made a comment in passing about "yeah I know I look rough, oh well" (just so he would know that I know what I look like and no I have NOT lost my sense of style) and then he felt the urge to say in a mocking voice "and you're going out in blue and black?!". Hello. Who is this man? And what has he done with my sweet husband who usually leaves his mouth shut? I was a little taken aback but a little happy to observe what looked like my sassiness rubbing off on him. But of course "men do not have sassiness", so substitute whatever masculine word there that fits.

I am happy to say that my fave Target find tonight was FLANNEL CHRISTMAS SHEETS FOR $20! Ok, I love being warm, I love Christmas, and I love good deals! Wahoo!! I could not resist.

2 comments:

katie said...

haha yay! im glad john will have some chrissuss sheets. Im gonna put mine on in a few days as well.

katie said...

ps. sanks for the title of the blog. I know its for me no matter what anyone else says.