Thursday, October 9, 2008

quick update

Ok, I've had a few people show concern for my lack of posts...sorry faithful readers. The first day that I got back from work JK and I had to clean the entire house because it was disgusting from having the ceiling ripped out (dust was everywhere!). Then the next night I was baking a cake completely from scratch for Morgan's birthday cake (once she got here) and then the presidential debate was on and I had to clean for my guests. My guests have safely arrived! Wahoo!!

Ok, next thing...work is great, everyday that I go I feel a little more comfortable with all of the things to do and the people seem to get a little more used to me being there. Everyone is really nice and I think I'm going to like it a whole lot! I love that the company is actually working for good and helping people out. So for all of those who wanted to know what I chose to wear on the first day...it was a cute black dress with a bubble hem, mock neck...short (sort of puffy) sleeves. Gray tights and black stilettos (duh...but stupid rookie mistake). Along with aqua necklace and earrings to match. I forgot how much you have to walk around an office throughout a whole day...so I've cut back on the heels...except today I wore knee high brown suede boots (thanks for passing them down Mom!). Its a great atmosphere, pretty relaxed and again...everyone is really nice. I just hope that I keep catching onto things and I'm able to pick up where the old HR assistant left off.

To answer some lingering questions...I'm still finishing Everyone Worth Knowing, I'm so close to the end but I've had to do stupid cleaning and stuff (boooo!). I'm ready to finish it, I hate having a book almost done and you can't finish it. Anywayyyy...I'm excited that Em and Morg are here...as soon as they got in the car they filled me in on their flights and I can say that I haven't laughed that hard since I've moved to the burgh, ohh to have good friends here!! Yay!

Last thing, my b-maid dress came in for Emily's wedding today and it fit perfectly!!! Wahoo, love it!! Love ya'll and I hope to keep you posted :)

1 comment:

delores lail said...

Yay you're back...sort of. Love the updates so we can stay dialed into your world!